Lookup, If, Concatenate Formula, Returning Some Incorrect Values

Billy Baxter

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

I have a formula in the pictures below (can't attach file and not able to work out how to do the minisheet upload for 3 sheets) where I look up values on the Risk tab in the Inherent Likelihood and Inherent Impact columns - these return a value from the Data Sheet Tab. - most work ok except: 1. when there is nothing in the likelihood and impact columns there should be a '0' returned as Default. Where there is nothing it is returning a '5' - no clue as to why this is.
2. I get a #N/A for the first value in my data list 'Almost Certain Catastrophic' when all other values are returned without a problem.

All of this above is the same for my Issue tab; there everything is returned ok except for when there is nothing in the 'Impact' and 'Response' columns where there should again be a '0' returned but this time I get a '20' and again no clue as to why.
Again I get a #N/A for the first value in the data list "Catastrophic Convenient" when all other values are returned without a problem.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Billy

1681727846367.png

1681727883594.png

1681727937316.png

Thanks again for any help
Billy

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

To use LOOKUP your data must be in alphabetical order which it isn't.

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff,
Thanks for your reply. I have updated my account details including excel version and platform.
Originally I copied this formula from a friend and it works perfectly fine as it is - I presume it is the Default at the beginning which is the problem but how come it already works 100% in my other file?
You are [obviously] correct, when I move that to its alphabetical position in the data it all works.
Thank you for your help with this, much appreciated.
Regards
Billy

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP(IF(F15&G15="","Default",F15&G15),'Data Sheet'!$A$1:$AD$1,'Data Sheet'!$A$2:$AD$2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back