Lost 2 years worth of macros after yersterday windows update... Can comeone help?

mysticmario

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
As per title. I worked yestarday on my excel file which i use for all office related matters. The file is shared on onedrive. I saved tdid yerstaday and went home. Today I opened the file and all macros are gone... alt+F11 shows all the modules and userforms, but I cannot acces the view code window, also all macros in "View macros" are gone. Recovering previous versions doesn't solve this. It's like Excel doesnt see them. I opened some very old outdated local copy and it had the macros. But this would set me back months of work... Did someoen ever encountered soemthign liek thsi and can help me out?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I managed to fix it in a very twisted way. The macro couldn't be lost in my opinion, because there were tens of thousands lines of code in that file, if they were gone the file would get smaller and it didnt.

I opened the file via oneDrive website downloaded it opened without unlocking it in properties, therefore i was able to allow macros to be used but the files itself was locked, but I could see my macros. so I saved it as a new file on desktop, somehow it worked - now i just need to re-upload that to onderive and make it to work over there which often times also beceomes problematic. For all the people reading - this is a huge warning for people like me who want to build huge application-like excel file - it breaks a lot unfortunately. Worst of all in very odd and weird ways.

Upvote 1
Glad you got it sorted.

FWIW, I don't depend on Recovering a previous version, I back up my critical files every day, and save as incrementals. I also password protect my VBA code so that other folks cannot alter or delete it.

Upvote 0
I managed to fix it in a very twisted way. The macro couldn't be lost in my opinion, because there were tens of thousands lines of code in that file, if they were gone the file would get smaller and it didnt.

I opened the file via oneDrive website downloaded it opened without unlocking it in properties, therefore i was able to allow macros to be used but the files itself was locked, but I could see my macros. so I saved it as a new file on desktop, somehow it worked - now i just need to re-upload that to onderive and make it to work over there which often times also beceomes problematic. For all the people reading - this is a huge warning for people like me who want to build huge application-like excel file - it breaks a lot unfortunately. Worst of all in very odd and weird ways.
I don't know how you figured this out but THANK YOU. Worked for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back