Mac & Windows Compatibility using VBA

jewkes6000

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a massive workbook with tons of macros. Many of the these macros use UserForms with Listboxes. The workbook seems to work great with other Windows users; however, it has several issues with people who use a Mac. For example, some of the macros will bring up a ListBox for them to choose an item from. For Windows users, it works fine; however, for Mac users, the ListBox is blank not allowing the user to select anything.

Another issue which arose but I was able to fix was I was using a custom mouse icon so that when you hover over a button in a UserForm, the mouse pointer changed to a different icon. Apparently, this was causing major issues for Mac users and they couldn't even run those macros, and in some cases, couldn't even really open the workbook. By removing the custom icon, they were then able to use the workbook; however, they still have the problem above not being able to select from ListBoxes.

I have a couple questions here:
  1. Is there a solution to make the ListBoxes work properly?
  2. Is it worth it to address issues with Mac & Windows compatibility? Or is this an endless road I'll be going down with problems arising all the time?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
1. You can't use the Rowsource property on a Mac. You'll need to assign an array to the List property of the control.
2. Probably not, and yes. :)

Upvote 0
Solution
@RoryA - Thank you. You were correct in that I was using the Rowsource. I did what you said and I'm confident it will solve this problem; however, I'm not confident that there won't be any other issues which come up with Max users. ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back