Macro Ctrl+Shift shortcuts

samcd87

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
I have been using a workbook with approx 15 macros. They all have a Ctrl+Shift shortcut eg Ctrl+Shift+X

They’ve always worked with caps lock turned off. But now suddenly they all require caps lock to be on.

It’s not a massive problem, but the users of the workbook are used to having caps off so they’re running in to problems.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I would just go through them again and redo them.
If you enter "b" in lowercase. You can execute the macro by pressing (Ctrl + "b"). If you enter "B" in uppercase you can execute the macro by pressing (Ctrl + Shift + "b").
You can add or change a short-cut key at any time.
I have been using a workbook with approx 15 macros. They all have a Ctrl+Shift shortcut eg Ctrl+Shift+X

They’ve always worked with caps lock turned off. But now suddenly they all require caps lock to be on.

It’s not a massive problem, but the users of the workbook are used to having caps off so they’re running in to problems

Upvote 0
I think it might be a Mac issue. People using Windows are not having any issue - but those on Mac have to be in Caps Lock.

I have been looking for a way to turn caps lock on every time shift or command or Ctrl is pressed - but struggling.

Upvote 0
Ah ok, sorry I'm not familiar with Mac, they do behave weirdly sometimes
I think it might be a Mac issue. People using Windows are not having any issue - but those on Mac have to be in Caps Lock.

I have been looking for a way to turn caps lock on every time shift or command or Ctrl is pressed - but struggling.

Upvote 0
Does anybody know if I can activate caps lock whenever Ctrl+Shift are pressed. This caps lock issue is really messing with the users of my workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back