Macro: Detecting blank cells that contain formulas

JeffFinnan

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I have a sheet in a workbook that lists data from another sheet depending the presence of data or not.

=IF(ISBLANK(inventSouth!D3),"",inventSouth!D3), =IF(ISBLANK(inventSouth!E3),"",inventSouth!E3), etc
=IF(ISBLANK(inventSouth!D4),"",inventSouth!D4), =IF(ISBLANK(inventSouth!E4),"",inventSouth!E4), etc
Many more rows down

=IF(ISBLANK(PendEmergSouth!D3),"",PendEmergSouth!D3), =IF(ISBLANK(PendEmergSouth!E3),"",PendEmergSouth!E3), etc
=IF(ISBLANK(PendEmergSouth!D4),"",PendEmergSouth!D4), =IF(ISBLANK(PendEmergSouth!E4),"",PendEmergSouth!E4), etc
Many more rows down.

What I do is select the non-blank cells and copy the results manually and paste as test into another sheet in the workbook. I copy the inventSouth first and paste, then go down to PendEmergeSouth section next, copy and paste. I want the data as text because I later do some sorting.

I would like to build a macro that does the same. Copies the inventSouth until it is blank and pastes into other workbook, then goes down to PendEmergSouth and does likewise.

Where I need help in particular, is detecting the blank cells in the macro even though they contain formulas.

Thanks,
Jeff

PS. I do Marine Turtle Patrol. This for a sheet I print out that lists the pending emergences (nests that are expected to have their hatchlings emerge) and pending inventories (nest that we dig out and inventory three days after emergence.) I sort the list by latitude along the beach.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
You migh use the following code to detect the last non empty cell in a range:
Code:
LastR = Evaluate("MAX(IF('Sheet2'!H1:H100<>"""",ROW('Sheet2'!H1:H100),""""))")
This will return in variable LastR the last populated row in 'Sheet2'!H1:H100

The structure of your data is too vague to allow for a more complete answer.

If you do not succede in adapting that line in your code then try recording a macro while you manually do a copy:
-select the first range
-go to the new sheet, select the destination cell and paste-special/values
-select the second range and repeate is cpy & paste-special/values
Stop recording the macro and publish the code you obtaining, and we'll see to modify it and adapt to all the conditions.

Bye

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses007

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back