MACRO help- opening hyperlink through Command Prompt

kvizzle321

Here is my issue.

I have an excel file with about 5000 filepaths listed in it along with project #, Revision #, extension type, notes etc. All of these files are hyperlinked so you can open them just by clicking.

However, every time I open these files (most of them are AutoCAD .dwg files), I get the prompt "Opening [filename.dwg] Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source. Would you like to open this file?"

Of course I press OK each time, however this gets very very tedious, and I have to open many files so I would like for it to stop.

I tried all Windows7/Excel/Microsoft Office options to trust the location I'm using and the file type, but the prompt still comes up every time.

If I open these files through command prompt, I wont get the annoying prompt warning me.....does anyone know a macro that could let me click on the file hyperlink and either suppress this prompt, open the file through command prompt, or both?

Thanks in advance

-kevin

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Run this code to disable displaying alerts
Code:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

use this to enable them back on.
Code:
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Upvote 0
i think i did it correctly (put in VBA and run code?)

but to no avail. i still get the alert (which is coming from Microsoft Office, not windows or Excel)

Upvote 0
thanks for the link, I think i had seen that before, but i tried every single solution they had multiple times, to no avail

is this problem really impossible to solve!??!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomvula

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back