BigDawg15

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Attached are two spreadsheets. The workbook 2017 Work Activity Schedule v1 - Copy is the original workbook I adapted the Macro from.
2017 Work Activity Schedule v1 - Copy.xlsm

The second workbook College Football Helmet Schedule-MR Excel is the one I'm trying to get the Macro CopyData to run correctly.
It should copy the data from Activities worksheet and paste into each of the Division worksheets.
College Football Helmet Schedule-MR Excel.xlsm

I last used this in 2018 and it worked fine. With the corona virus I did not use it for 2019 or 2020. It is pasting data, just not the correct
data to the right team/worksheet.

Any help figuring out what is wrong would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

BigDawg15

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Care to give us a bit more information?

Upvote 0
Sure. On the Activities worksheet is a list of dates, the two teams playing on that date, and the Division worksheet it should be going to. On each Division worksheet are dates across top of sheet and teams in the division in column B. The macro should take the game information from the activites worksheet and insert the correct team from team 2 column matched with the correct team on the correct division worksheet from team 1. The division listed on activites worksheet is for team 1.

i hope that clears it up. If you need further, please let me know.

The CopyData macro is the macro Ineed assistance adjusting. It is in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance,

BigDawg15

Upvote 0
But what is it doing wrong?

Upvote 0
It is not pasting all teams listed as team 2 to the correct dates and teams listed as team 1.

Thank you again for time and assistance,

BigDawg15

Upvote 0
Can you please give me some examples, as I have no intention in checking over 1,500 entries to see if I think they are right?
Also the code is pasting the team 1 name, not the team 2 name and some of the team 2 names do not exists on the relevant sheets.

Upvote 0
Thanks Fluff. I appreciate your patience. I'm trying to describe the issues as best I can. I will work up a sample of one of the divisions to show what it should look like
after work today.

Thanks again,

BigDawg15

Upvote 0
Ok (y)
Is the code meant to be copying team2 into the team 1 row, or vice versa?

Upvote 0
A little more info:

Also, not all team 2 names will be listed in column B of each division worksheet. All team 1 teams on list should be listed on their respective division worksheet in column B.
All team 2 names should be matched to the team 1 name by date and on the corresponding division worksheet.

ie the first row of activities worksheet 8/28/2021 Fresno State Mountain West Uconn
So on the Mountain West worksheet in column B Fresno State under the date 8/28/2021 Uconn should be inserted in the cell next to Fresno State.

I hope that makes it clearer. I will mock up a full correct sample later on today.

Thanks again,

BigDawg15

Upvote 0
Ok (y)
Is the code meant to be copying team2 into the team 1 row, or vice versa?
Team 2 should be the opponent listed in the Team 1 row under the date to play on each division worksheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back