Macro/Pivot Table Problem

slamcity

Hello All,

I have a workbook where I have created a few macros that manipulate data when pasted into Excel, and I have 3 sheets with Pivot Tables already set up to Refresh.

For some reason, once the macros are run, even when the columns are still set up the same way, I am getting a "The PivotTable field name is not valid" error when I try to refresh.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and if so, is there anything you can think of to do? Any help would be great.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
What is the source region for the pivottable, and what are all the cells values in the first row of that region? ( give cell reference and content )

Upvote 0
The original source of the pivottables is "Sheet1." When the 3 macros are run, the data from "Sheet1" is then transferred to "Update" and from this transferred to 3 separate sheets which I will call "Core," "Non-Core" and "Non-Core Delivered." These 3 worksheets are the sources for the three pivottables I am trying to create.

One thing I didn't mention: When I copy and paste the SAME information into these three source sheets, I am able to refresh the pivottables without a problem, but the second I run my macros (which paste identical information into the same cells), the pivottables will not refresh.

Thanks for the response!

Upvote 0
It sounds like your macros are not pasteing identical information at all. Check the first row of cell values after the macros have run.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back