AB
12=A2-A1
4=A3-A2
5=A4-A3
6=A5-A6
7=A6-A5
14=A7-A6
=A8-A7

-This is sheet 1. The results in column B are also in Sheet2 which is why I want to copy/paste Sheet2 in this macro.
-Manually, I would drag up from B8 to get this, then copy/paste Sheet2 to a new sheet, then change =A8-A7 to A8-A6, drag up, and repeat.
-I'm looking for a macro automatically change the formula in increments of one (i.e. A8-A6, A7-A5, A6-A4), then copy/paste Sheet2 to a new sheet (formats + values only), then A8-A5, A7-A4, A6-A3 ... copy/paste Sheet2, etc.
-I have thousands of rows, so ideally I would like some sort of Loop where I can put in the number of times to do this from the start

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
@c0087 I am currently working on your Macro, but need some clarification.
Could you "manually" modify your Sheets and post the base Sheet and the result Sheets as Screenshots? (only a few rows to show what's going on)
I'm a little bit confused what should go where...

Upvote 0
The values in sheet2 are just different subsets of column D in sheet1. The data will obviously change when the calculation for column D changes after each "run", which is why i need it copy/pasted as such

Attachments

• sheet1.JPG
    sheet1.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 8
  • sheet2.JPG
    sheet2.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
Alright, thanks for the info.
Just one more thing: What should the Macro exactly do?
Because your Screenshots look a little different from what I thought that the Macro should do.

May I ask you to write something like a step-by-step instruction of what should happen?
e.g. "copy cells in column B starting at B1 into Sheet2 B2 and change the formula from X to Y"

Sorry to ask

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, thanks for the info.
Just one more thing: What should the Macro exactly do?
Because your Screenshots look a little different from what I thought that the Macro should do.

May I ask you to write something like a step-by-step instruction of what should happen?

Sorry to ask
Basically just need the right side of the formula (i.e. B1298) to change by -1 each "run" and automatically "drag up", then copy/paste sheet2 (values + format only) to a new sheet and keep repeating.

Right now D1299 =ABS(B1299-B1298) .... I want it to change =ABS(B1299-B1297) and then automatically "drag up" to cell D1...then copy and paste Sheet2 to a new Sheet, then repeat ... =ABS(B1299-B1296), etc... it's imperative that it copies sheet2 to a new sheet each time, since the data will change on each new calculation.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bother you, I know that for you it's all obvious but I still don't get what should happen. Right now I see too many variables.

The easiest thing to do would be if you record a Macro that does exactly what you want.
To do so launch the Macro Recorder and start doing what ever you need to do repeated for let's say 3 times. Than stop the Recorder and post the resulting code.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bother you, I know that for you it's all obvious but I still don't get what should happen. Right now I see too many variables.

The easiest thing to do would be if you record a Macro that does exactly what you want.
To do so launch the Macro Recorder and start doing what ever you need to do repeated for let's say 3 times. Than stop the Recorder and post the resulting code.
VBA Code:
Sub AutoDrag()
'
' AutoDrag Macro
'

'
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=ABS(CD_4[@N1]-R[-2]C[-9])"
    Range("L1468").Select
    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("L2:L1468"), Type:=xlFillDefault
    Range("L2:L1468").Select
    Sheets("ROC").Select
    Cells.Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
        :=False, Transpose:=False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    With Selection
        .HorizontalAlignment = xlRight
        .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
        .WrapText = False
        .Orientation = 0
        .AddIndent = False
        .IndentLevel = 0
        .ShrinkToFit = False
        .ReadingOrder = xlContext
        .MergeCells = False
    End With
    Sheets("Corp").Select
    Range("L30").Select
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=ABS(CD_4[@N1]-R[-3]C[-9])"
    Range("L1468").Select
    Sheets("ROC").Select
    Selection.Copy
    With Selection
        .WrapText = False
        .Orientation = 0
        .AddIndent = False
        .IndentLevel = 0
        .ShrinkToFit = False
        .MergeCells = False
    End With
    Sheets("Corp").Select
    Range("L20").Select
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=ABS(CD_4[@N1]-R[-4]C[-9])"
    Range("L1468").Select
    Sheets("ROC").Select
    Selection.Copy
    With Selection
        .WrapText = False
        .Orientation = 0
        .AddIndent = False
        .IndentLevel = 0
        .ShrinkToFit = False
        .MergeCells = False
    End With
End Sub

What I'm trying to accomplish is to keep looping this hundreds of times, with the "R" value changing each time (-3, -4, etc)

Upvote 0
Sorry, I almost got it. Almost. But I think this way I can't figure out anything.
Your values / formulas / references are not consistent or not clear (not mentioned)

First you mentioned Column A and Column B, but then you posted a screenshot with Column B and Column D.
Then you start your Macro with Range "L1468", but later you choose Ranges "L30" and "L20".
Besides that, I don't know where your Table is located since you have a named Reference "CD_4[@N1]".
And your first increment (or decrement) starts with "-2" not with "-1"

I'm lost. Maybe you could upload your workbook.

I'm very close to get a working Macro, but I need some more information:
What is "CD_4[@N1]" (looks like a table)

Upvote 0
Sorry, I almost got it. Almost. But I think this way I can't figure out anything.
Your values / formulas / references are not consistent or not clear (not mentioned)

First you mentioned Column A and Column B, but then you posted a screenshot with Column B and Column D.
Then you start your Macro with Range "L1468", but later you choose Ranges "L30" and "L20".
Besides that, I don't know where your Table is located since you have a named Reference "CD_4[@N1]".
And your first increment (or decrement) starts with "-2" not with "-1"

I'm lost. Maybe you could upload your workbook.

I'm very close to get a working Macro, but I need some more information:
What is "CD_4[@N1]" (looks like a table)
Yes i was using the screenshots as an example to make it easier since my workbook is too large to upload.. I thought the logic would be the same, forgetting that it was formatted as a table.
The L:20 and L:30 ranges are just cells i manually selected and then hit ctrl+down arrow to get down to the last number easier.
My table range is B1:H1468 named "CD_4" and yes the first decrement starts with -2. I just that need that -2 to decrement each time, then autofill range (L2:L1468( then copy/paste, repeat until it goes from -2 to -1468.

Upvote 0
okay, one more thing: If "CD_4" is your
What is [@N1] referring to?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back