Macro to Clearing Contents of Row affect Validation Lists

Nathan Asius

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My Worksheet has a Form Control Button that controls a Macro which automates the clearing of contents of all cells in a row. I have these set up adjacent to 8 rows: 14-21. The cells in the rows affected are E14:AD14 consecutively through rows to E21:AD21
In two of those cells in each row, I have validation lists. One is a simple list. The other list is dependent so it contains a formula pulling the list from a helper cell on another worksheet.
When I press the button to run the macro, it seems the clearing of the cells has an effect on the validation list. It doesn't erase the drop down box in the cell. It only sometimes causes the dependent list to not drop down, where other times other lists do.

The Drop Down box affected occurs in rows M14 - M21. and the formula used in the Validation Box is
=IF(TrimClrSeries1="Galv",'Panel Spill Sheet'!$C41#,IF(TrimClrSeries1="Standard",'Panel Spill Sheet'!$C50#,'Panel Spill Sheet'!$C59#))
After clearing the contents on the rows, It seems the spill lists on the other worksheet 'Panel Spill Sheet' don't populate any longer.

TrimClrSeries1 is a named range on another worksheet.

Does anyone know what is the problem here and how to fix?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back