macro to convert image to shape to edit text inside it

MKLAQ

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi experts

I search for macro to convert the image to shape until I can edit some text inside the image .

actually I convert file from pdf to excel and when open the EXCEL file some objects shows as image I can't edit it

so when I select the object show shape name Group 3223 and inside him picture name Picture 29 .so is threre any macro deals with images by convert to shape to edit the text inside the picture?
thanks

There is no way to manually convert text in an image to actual text except by reading it then typing it in. That won't work for a macro. Unless there is something I am missing (which is why I want to see an example), the only way to do this is with an API to OCR software.
No, of course, but I figured if we're not going to get anymore information, see if OP can do whatever OP is trying to do (still don't understand) and maybe the Macro Recorder can make sense of it.
What I had wondered is if there were images from this PDF (which again, I don't understand, but anyway), and then one could paste these images as the 'fill' for a shape, AND THEN edit the text of the shape. I had (generously) interpreted the whole text part as perhaps meaning that OP would ADD the text later to an image/shape... But again.... still not sure what's happening.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
What I had wondered is if there were images from this PDF (which again, I don't understand, but anyway)
Yeah, I don't get it either. But I have Adobe Acrobat Professional (a very old version but it still works) and it has a feature called Export Images where any image in the file will be exported as a JPG file. I am thinking there is something like that going on.

Upvote 0
ok Guys

as I said when convert file PDF to EXCEL it shows some parts as shapes and the others show picture the whole picture contains some picture and shapes . when I try edited some pictures I've found the pictures become shapes(Rectangle ) as show in bottom the picture DATE I can edit it ,but MAFAZA, GOODRIDE,FREEZONE,B it shows as one picture that's why I ask if I can make this picture as shapes by specify each picture individaully to edited by converting to Rectangle .
111.PNG

Upvote 0
I ask if I can make this picture as shapes by specify each picture individaully to edited by converting to Rectangle .
Your original question was how to extract the text from a picture to make it editable text. Now you seem to be asking how to convert one image into multiple shapes.

You use any graphic editor to break the image into multiple images. However you cannot convert an arbitrary image into an Excel shape (like a rectangle).

You cannot extract text from an image into editable text without OCR software. There may be multiple options to do this but I have never integrated OCR into Excel.

So to summarize, there is no way to take an image and convert it to an Excel rectangle with the text "GOODRIDE" in the middle without a lot of custom software integration that may not even exist.

Upvote 0
Ok, @6StringJazzer beat me to it, but if that's what you're after I had to do that manually. That, and I don't know how you would go about doing it programmatically without some kind of algorithm/AI. Also, it's not really what you were originally asking. I agree with @6StringJazzer - you can't extract text without OCR software of some description.

Upvote 0
Your original question was how to extract the text from a picture to make it editable text. Now you seem to be asking how to convert one image into multiple shapes.
there is no different question . what I want edit the picture whether by convert to shape or any thing else.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back