Macro to Copy data from 2 workbooks and also find the Cell ref to a column given Value

dvi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
HI ,

After a few of my VBA tries , i have hardly got a chance to deep dive inot this VBA coding and hence you cna consider me a new coder
So trying something again in VBA front for which i would need some help to get the required output.
I have 2 Excel Sheet - ONe being the Role File((Keeps getting changed in terms of ADD/del data ), 1 being the Component file (Keeps getting changed in terms of ADD/del data )and the 3rd one will be my macro file ,
I am attaching the 3 files , i have managed to get the multiselct getOpenfile name , post that i need to get the data as per that entered in the macro file on TEST Sheet ,
So Basically the Macro would first need to open 2 files , then form the Macro file it will need to copy copy the Role one by one , find the DAta matching in Components Workbook and paste it under role Name , Similarly find the Col Reference to cell value entered in the Col Number
ONce the macro is run my data will look like the one pasted on "Output Sheet would look like".

Apprciate some help in this reagrd . Totally clueless how to get the above as desired above .
Pls help..

Attaching all the files

Posted this on a Diff forum and below is the link - wnated immidiate responses hence posting it here as well

Apprciate if some one can help as this requirement is a bit urgent.

Regards/-
D

Attachments

• Final Sheet _whch is opened along woth components where the macros Output goes.jpg
    Final Sheet _whch is opened along woth components where the macros Output goes.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Macro file entry Sheet- Entered by individual.jpg
    Macro file entry Sheet- Entered by individual.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Output after MAcro is run will look like this.jpg
    Output after MAcro is run will look like this.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Components.jpg
    Components.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back