Macro to read email and update spreadsheet

bobbybrown

Board Regular
Hi everyone,
I have been searching for a solution to my task for a little while now but haven't found anything that would help.
I have a spreadsheet that at the moment I am having to update manually. The sheet records sales of items on ebay.
I sell 2 types of items and when I sell an item, I open the sheet and increase the number sold for that particular item.
This then increases the number sold for that particular item and the sheet works everything out itself from that point.

What I am trying to do is....Have excel read an email (I can route them through outlook that isn't a problem) and update the sheet.

What it would need to do is scan the inbox for emails from ebay and find the relevant text to decide if its product 1 or prouduct 2, check the amount sold then amend the cell on the spreadsheet by adding that number.

For example, if my sheet says I have sold 5 of item 1, I then sell 3 of item 1 and the email comes through, the sheet should automatically update the total sold to 8 items.

Can anyone offer any advice on this? Is it possible?

Many thanks for the time you have taken to read this message.

Hi,
This was 6 years ago now and I no longer work where I did when this was needed. The company switched the emails to Google a couple of years back so it stopped working anyway. Sadly I don’t have access to the laptop it was stored on back then as the hard drive died a while ago. Everything was in this thread though from what I recall.
Hello bobbybrown,
Well, that's unfortunate. thank you for your time and thank you for bothering to answer me and explaining me your current situation. Many thanks and have a great day !!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You're looking at the wrong code. This code updates the worksheet cells, according to the OP's requirement.

If you still need help, please start your own thread with a detailed description of your requirement.
Hi John,
I don't know if you have seen my first message to bobbybrown but if you did and since bobbybrown doesn't have those objects anymore. I wonder if you on the other hand are currently able to help me on what I was asking him in the first message in any way.
I don't want to abuse your kindness and helpfulness but I wonder if that with the amount of information I provided in my first message you could provide me a code that performs what I'm looking for, whether it is complete or not. I'm new to VBA and watched some youtube videos to learn it, I currently finished the "Excel Vba beginner tutorial" and "Excel Vba advance tutorial"and haven't made progress since, but I'm willing to put the time to try and learn the specific stuffs linked to what I'm trying to do.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Please start your own thread with a detailed explanation of your request, linking to this one if you think it would help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back