Macro to save worksheet as PDF

CAPtain232

Board Regular
Can someone help me write a macro to save the active worksheet as a PDF with filename referencing cell A1

Thank you

This includes the workbook name before "Multiple Sheets.pdf":
Code:
Public Sub Save_Multiple_Sheets_As_One_PDF()

Dim currentSheet As Worksheet
    Dim p As Long

With ThisWorkbook
        Set currentSheet = .ActiveSheet
        .Worksheets(Array("Sheet5", " Sheet6", " Sheet8", " Sheet10", " Sheet11", " Sheet14", " Sheet15")).Select
        p = InStrRev(.FullName, ".")
        .ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=Left(.FullName, p - 1) & " Multiple Sheets.pdf", _
            Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
        currentSheet.Select
    End With

End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
This includes the workbook name before "Multiple Sheets.pdf":
Code:
Public Sub Save_Multiple_Sheets_As_One_PDF()

Dim currentSheet As Worksheet
    Dim p As Long

With ThisWorkbook
        Set currentSheet = .ActiveSheet
        .Worksheets(Array("Sheet5", " Sheet6", " Sheet8", " Sheet10", " Sheet11", " Sheet14", " Sheet15")).Select
        p = InStrRev(.FullName, ".")
        .ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=Left(.FullName, p - 1) & " Multiple Sheets.pdf", _
            Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
        currentSheet.Select
    End With

End Sub

Did not work, it give a bug message

Upvote 0
What is the exact error message?

Which line caused it? To find out, click Debug on the error message and the line is highlighted in yellow.

Upvote 0
The error "DEBUG", and the below is marked in red:

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat _

Type:=xlTypePDF, _
Filename:=Left(.FullName, p - 1) & " Estimation Report.pdf", _
Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=True

Upvote 0
"DEBUG" isn't an error message.

You've omitted the "." before ActiveSheet - look carefully at my code.

If still no joy, post the full and exact error message and your complete code.

Upvote 0
  • <section>Hello, I am exporting a file from Excel to PDF through a Macro. The file consists of a table of contents and several worksheets. The table of contents is hyperlinked to all the separate sheets in the document while on Excel format.
    When exporting to PDF however I lose the hyperlinks. Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
    I have bought Adobe Pro and have activated the “Add links” check box under the ACROBAT – preferences tab.

here is my export PDF macro:

Sub PRINTPDF_()
    '
    ' PRINT_ Macro
    ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Select

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:= _
    "Monthly Progress Report.pdf", Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
    IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=True
    'Application.PrintCommunication = True
    'ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True, _
    'IgnorePrintAreas:=False
    End Sub

</section>

Upvote 0
  • <section>Hello, I am exporting a file from Excel to PDF through a Macro. The file consists of a table of contents and several worksheets. The table of contents is hyperlinked to all the separate sheets in the document while on Excel format.
    When exporting to PDF however I lose the hyperlinks. Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
    I have bought Adobe Pro and have activated the “Add links” check box under the ACROBAT – preferences tab.
    </section>
Welcome to MrExcel, however could you start a new thread please, with an appropriate title.

I have written a VBA procedure which uses the Acrobat API (requires Adobe Pro to be installed) and which might work for you and I'll post it in your new thread.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone.

I am copying one value from a sheet and pasting in cell "E5" of the Print sheet tab.
This sheet has different vlookup formulas in different cells and pasting that value in E5 updates the value in other cells automatically.
Now I want to take a print/save pdf for this sheet and I need this copy from column B2 down to B96 and paste it in cell E5 of the sheet one by one and everytime it paste that value the print sheet is automatically saved with a new file name and the process continues untill all the 96 pages are saved as pdf with different values but same columns in it.
Your help will be really appreciated. I tried to do it via macro recorder however that is even painful than doing it all manually.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone.

I am copying one value from a sheet and pasting in cell "E5" of the Print sheet tab.
This sheet has different vlookup formulas in different cells and pasting that value in E5 updates the value in other cells automatically.
Now I want to take a print/save pdf for this sheet and I need this copy from column B2 down to B96 and paste it in cell E5 of the sheet one by one and everytime it paste that value the print sheet is automatically saved with a new file name and the process continues untill all the 96 pages are saved as pdf with different values but same columns in it.
Your help will be really appreciated. I tried to do it via macro recorder however that is even painful than doing it all manually.

The code at https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...nding-cell-value-post4883503.html#post4883503 should work for your case with a few changes: change the sheet names and cell ranges to your values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bracelane

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back