Macros not enabled on a signed certificate

wpryan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a bit of a head-scratcher here... I have a file that is full of Macros, and those macros are signed and working on a number of people's computers. One person's computer is not running the macros. He has the "disable all macros except digitally signed macros" enabled. Like I said, the Macros are signed and working on other's computers without problems. He said it happened after the IT department re-installed Windows on his machine, but they are blaming the file. ...any ideas?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
He still has to accept signed macros from that signer once for those macros to work. Once he does that once, then it should work. But he needs that initial acceptance. It will not just accpet any signed macros sight unseen.

Upvote 0
First, he has to add the digital certificate to the current user's Personal store, and possibly also to the Trusted Publishers store. Then in the workbook's VBA editor click Tools -> Digital Signature and choose the certificate. Save, close and reopen the workbook and he should no longer see the macro security banner and the macros should run.

Upvote 0
Hi all, thanks for your response. 2 persons out of 15 are having this problem. They accepted to use Macros when they initially opened the file. The banner "do you want to enable Macros" does not appear any more. The macros simply don't work. Funny thing though, I tried to manually run some code on the computers (they are remote employees so I have to do this via Teamviewer), and I get a message that "macros are not enabled", but they told me that they initially enabled them, and anyway like I said the banner doesn't appear. Could this be a Windows setting? As I said before, the file is working on 13 out of 15 person's computers...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back