Macros to create functional emails

Broddick

I have a form that I have created in excel that I want to create emails based on a certain cell that is selected.
Basically when they select a certain position I have Vlookup bringing over information and populating fields about that position. One of them is a supervisor field and I have thier email addresses in the workbook as well. When they have completed the spreadsheet I wish for them to email it to the next person in the chain of command. I want to embede a button at the bottom of the spreadsheet that when pressed will pull up a template email in outlook that will create a Subject line of the email based on certain cells within the workbook.

I also don't want them to be able to make the selection of the "email button" until they have filled out all required cells.

Any thoughts? As obvious from my wording I am an excel middleby- as opposed to newbie, but I do not use the correct terminology. Any help would be aapreciated.

Thanks,
Broddick

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back