Mail Merge using Excel Workbook

OminousDark

Hello, so I am having issues getting the mail merge to work correctly from my current Excel Workbook,

I am needing it to create multiple types of letters such as if Frequent Flier is YES (Y) to make all appropriate letters with the Y, and then all the appropriate ones for the NOT (N). Along with this I am having issues with detecting the fields in the mail merge from Excel, my layout current looks good IMO without wasting a lot of space although when I go to create a mail merge document I cannot select all of the fields I need to access instead it seems to display names such as F1 to F24 - this is not what I want, I want to be able to select items such as First Name, Last Name, Status, Whether the player is Frequent Flier or Not, Various costs within a table set up and then the totals for the costs for each person.

Unfortunately I do not know how to do this exactly, as well it appears to keep on displaying F1 - F24 instead of actual names etc. If anyone can help me out that would be great. If you need more information please let me know what it is you need, I have been trying to get this working for a week now.

Regards
OminousDark

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back