Mail merge vba from excel

js_odom

I have a workbook that I am separating the data from the first sheet based on job number and creating multiple sheet with the job number as the sheet name. I want to run mail merge on these sheets. My first thought was to save them each as a workbook in a folder and run mail merge on each workbook. Since these are based on the job number the name will always be different.
Any suggestions on how to do a mail merge with either one workbook with multiple sheets, or multiple workbooks?

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
in Word, run the Mail Merge wizard,
it will ask you for a source db, (excel wb)
then create the mail draft.
save this template , then when you open it again, it will ask you to pick a workbook. Then you can choose another workbook.

Upvote 0
Thank you ranman256, That is what we are currently doing. I want to automate the process by having VBA pull in the data from each sheet, or workbook that is created from the sheets.
My current VBA formats the original sheet of open jobs and separates it in to multiple sheet pre job. It also saves each sheet as a workbook in a folder. I would like to have VBA do a mail merge using one or the other and cycle through each job and print out labels. Does that make more since of what I'm wanting to do?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back