Making a date out of three columns that are not necessarily filled.

mawilson12

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet of Civil War veterans which I am trying to get into genealogy software. Converting into real dates is the first task. If I have an Excel spreadsheet that has Column D2 as a day of the month, E2 as the number month of a year and F2 is a year, what formula do I use to have a cell with the date expressed as (d)d/MMM /YYYY compensating for cells that may not have a day or month? Ideally if the day or month is missing, just do month/year or year accordingly. Otherwise, as close as I can get will be fine, even if the date is 1/1/Year.

Attachments

• Ssample Screenshot 2023-05-13 192104.png
    Ssample Screenshot 2023-05-13 192104.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 15
No, as at the time I was on a work computer, if you must know. No need for you to be a smart-aleck about it.
I apologise if I offended you in any way. I was definitely not trying to be a smart alec. Your earlier response sounded like you only stopped trying to install XL2BB because of the message that you received, not because of a work situation, and I was simply trying to reassure you that it should be safe to install.

Anyway, it looks like you have a suggestion that suits you for the problem and that is the main thing. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back