Match Day and Month Between two Dates (Without Year) from list of data

mba_110

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I am trying to match day and month between two dates, as mentioned below these dates do not have years only Day and month.

for example

B C D
B3 = Start Date C3 = End Date D3= Query Date
14-Mar 15-Apr 13-Apr-1990
Format: (DD,MMM) (DD,MMM) (DD,MM,YYYY)

The date i am trying to match is full date with year value at D3 but the dates in C & D do not have year value.

I want if D3 Date's (Day and Month) fall between B & C's Day and month then it will be = E4 otherwise, "" blank

I hope its clear to understand.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
1689642590493.png

The highlighted parts do not agree so I am unsure what is actually happening. Can you clarify?

1689642698154.png

The highlighted parts do not agree so I am unsure what is actually happening. Can you clarify?

Are the "dates without year" text values only then? Or are they actual dates (numbers) just not showing the year?

What about some sample data (and expected result/explanation) with XL2BB?

Also, what do you mean by "match" here since 13 April does not (exactly) match 14 March or 15 April?

Upvote 0
View attachment 95444

View attachment 95445

Are the "dates without year" text values only then? Or are they actual dates (numbers) just not showing the year?

What about some sample data (and expected result/explanation) with XL2BB?

Also, what do you mean by "match" here since 13 April does not (exactly) match 14 March or 15 April?
The first Yellow highlight is content in cell B3
The Second yellow highlight is B3 cell's format
The Green highlight is the cell which have full date D3.

So, lets talk about it once again, cell B3 and C3 have only (Day and Month) NO "YEAR" Value, on the other hand D3 have all the values (Day,Month,Year). so what is common in these three cells ?

The Common is (Day,Month) Bingo! so, i want to look for Day and month of B3 (Starting Date) and C3 (End Date) with the value i have in D3 here you have to ignore the Year, if there is any occurrence fall between these dates or not.

in above example i have mentioned the value of D3 =13-4-1990, so formula should check whether B3 value to C3 have D3 cell's Day and Month falling between them if yes then result should be true/do something.

Regarding, sample data with XL2BB, i am sorry to say i am unable to attach here because it bit of confidential and has completely different language than.

Upvote 0
The first Yellow highlight is content in cell B3
The Second yellow highlight is B3 cell's format
My point was that those two things cannot both be true
If B3 content is "14-Mar" then the format would be "DD-MMM" not "DD,MMM"
If B3 format is "DD,MMM" then B3 content would be "14,Mar" not "14-Mar"

The Green highlight is the cell which have full date D3.
Yes, yet the final green highlight says "D do not have year value", hence my comment about that. :)

Anyway, what I think you are saying is that B3 and C3 are text values and D3 is an actual date (numerical) as shown below. Does that look/sound correct?

23 07 18.xlsm
BCD
2TextTextActual Date
314-Mar15-Apr13-Apr-1990
Match dates

I don't really know what you mean by
if there is any occurrence fall between these dates or not.
What is the answer to that question for that sample data and why?

Regarding, sample data with XL2BB, i am sorry to say i am unable to attach here because it bit of confidential
You are asking about dates - there is nothing confidential about dates. For any other data that is confidential, if you have to include it then alter it so that it is no longer confidential. If it is not required to answer the question then it can be hidden before you generate the XL2BB mini sheet.

Upvote 0
My point was that those two things cannot both be true
If B3 content is "14-Mar" then the format would be "DD-MMM" not "DD,MMM"
If B3 format is "DD,MMM" then B3 content would be "14,Mar" not "14-Mar"

Yes, yet the final green highlight says "D do not have year value", hence my comment about that. :)

Anyway, what I think you are saying is that B3 and C3 are text values and D3 is an actual date (numerical) as shown below. Does that look/sound correct?

23 07 18.xlsm
BCD
2TextTextActual Date
314-Mar15-Apr13-Apr-1990
Match dates

I don't really know what you mean by

What is the answer to that question for that sample data and why?

You are asking about dates - there is nothing confidential about dates. For any other data that is confidential, if you have to include it then alter it so that it is no longer confidential. If it is not required to answer the question then it can be hidden before you generate the XL2BB mini sheet.
I have attached the image, regarding XL2BB is giving me Microsoft excel potential security reasons for micro's associates with it and disabling the micros in this add in, so its not allowing me to install or run however if even i ignore and install the XL2BB add ins, the option of mini sheet and other options are not working.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-18 195930.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-18 195930.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
See if the following formula works for you:
Excel Formula:
=LET(b,TEXT(--B9,"mdd"),c,TEXT(--C9,"mdd"),d,TEXT(--$D$4,"mdd"),IF(MOD(c-b,1200)=MOD(c-d,1200)+MOD(d-b,1200),"Yes","No"))

Upvote 0
regarding XL2BB is giving me Microsoft excel potential security reasons for micro's associates with it and disabling the micros in this add in, so its not allowing me to install or run
See if this helps: XL2BB Icons greyed out

Here is another formula to test.

23 07 19.xlsm
BCD
423-Apr-90
921-Mar21-AprNo
1022-Apr20-MayYes
1121-May21-JunNo
1222-Jun23-JulNo
Check Dates
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D9:D12D9=LET(Yr,YEAR(D$4),IF(D$4=MEDIAN(D$4,B9&Yr,C9&Yr),"Yes","No"))

Upvote 0
I have attached the image, regarding XL2BB is giving me Microsoft excel potential security reasons for micro's associates with it and disabling the micros in this add in, so its not allowing me to install or run however if even i ignore and install the XL2BB add ins, the option of mini sheet and other options are not working.
Your formula is working, Great ! but for single cell selection, what if i need to check from list of people, like i attached here.
Screenshot 2023-07-18 195930.png

Upvote 0
Did you try my last suggestion about how to get XL2BB going?
You will get many more potential helpers if they don't have to manually type out your data to test with. ;)

How would we know who's birthday today since the names are listed beside a date range, not a date? I also mentioned in post #2 about providing the expected result(s). That also helps clarify exactly whazt it is that you are trying to do. See if you can give us the sample data again but with XL2BB and with the expected result manually filled in.

Upvote 0
Yeah just added as per the instructions provided in link.

Excel Date Sample.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJK
419-Apr-90The Date to check if it's month and day is fall between below start and end dates and not year
5Sample Data
6This condition is like calculating birthday of any person, concentrate on DAY and MONTH Only, if format is not correct suggest the correct method to get the desire result.
8Start DateEnd DateNames
921-Mar21-AprJohn Martin
1022-Apr20-MayLisa Morison
1121-May21-JunAhmed Ali
1222-Jun23-JulRajesh Kumar
1324-Jul23-AugMona Darling
1424-Aug23-SepMohan Kumar
1524-Sep23-OctJia Khan
1624-Oct22-NovRobert Anderson
1723-Nov22-DecJay Roy
1823-Dec20-JanAnjali Verma
1921-Jan19-FebMuskan Mirza
2020-Feb20-MarSuraj Agarwal
22Today who's birthday
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back