Margins between Plot area and chart area can't be adjusted

ramulose

Hello everyone. This is my first post, so please let me know if I should be doing something other than what I am doing with my question below.

My goal: I am trying to set a fixed size for the white-space (margin) between my plot area and the chart area.

The ratio of the margin between the plot area and the chart area seems fixed. When I drag the control handles on the chart, the margins around the plot area get bigger and bigger by some ratio (to the point of being ridiculously large). I can't drag the handles on the plot area to make that bigger to close the gap because they are locked to whatever that ratio is and I can't move them. The larger I make the chart area, the wider the margins get.

I hope that's clear.

Any suggestions on how I can set the white space between my plot area and the Chart area manually, so it doesn't change when I change the size of the chart?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. I have screen captures that would make the problem really clear, but it looks like the only way to upload an image is from a URL. Is there some simple way to do this? I don't have access to a webpage to which I can upload images.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalyb2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back