Master Table - Updating 4 Secondary Tables with Conditions

jsmith70

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I wasn't sure how to word the title, apologies for it | so basically a rundown of what I am doing.

This is basically a Customer Lead database being built to track leads by area (spans 4 provinces), with other info such as customer info, lead type, ad source, potential revenue and so on. What i would like to add is 4 separate tables (1 for each province - BC/AB/SK/MB) that would update as we updated the main lead info table. I would like these 4 secondary tables to update once the provincial identifier is entered. Once the provincial field is populated the required info would auto populate in one of the 4 secondary tables. These 4 secondary tables will be collecting data to set up several Dashboard visuals - including geographic filler maps showing density of leads by postal code.

I don't want all the columns to transfer over (there are 21 in the main table), basically just 5 or 6, the most pertinent to geography and dollars. Can I set up these dynamic secondary tables pulling only part of the lead info over?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
yes, probably using filter() and choosecols()

=filter( range , range of location = location )
then you can choosecols if the range you want is not contiguous
=choosecols( filter( a2:z2000 , range of location = location ),5,7) - so will return E and G
but if contiguous
=filter( E2:F2000 , range of location = location ) - so will return E and G

probably with more advance formulas - like LET and lamda - can all be done in 1 formula and create the 4 tables - not something i am likely to do - BUT i have seen, and suspect other more knowledgeable members may reply

Not 100% certain on tables , as i rarely use them, but sure it should be able to do that - but certainly into 4 seperate areas or columns groups

are you able to provide a sample

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which means I may make an error, which is very time consuming, and from my point of view less likely to get a response, if a complicated spreadsheet. Plus we cannot see any of the formulas used.

Therefore -

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

This will possibly enable a quicker and more accurate solution for you.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC

then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Make sure you set any share or google to share to everyone

Upvote 0
yes, probably using filter() and choosecols()

=filter( range , range of location = location )
then you can choosecols if the range you want is not contiguous
=choosecols( filter( a2:z2000 , range of location = location ),5,7) - so will return E and G
but if contiguous
=filter( E2:F2000 , range of location = location ) - so will return E and G

probably with more advance formulas - like LET and lamda - can all be done in 1 formula and create the 4 tables - not something i am likely to do - BUT i have seen, and suspect other more knowledgeable members may reply

Not 100% certain on tables , as i rarely use them, but sure it should be able to do that - but certainly into 4 seperate areas or columns groups

are you able to provide a sample

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which means I may make an error, which is very time consuming, and from my point of view less likely to get a response, if a complicated spreadsheet. Plus we cannot see any of the formulas used.

Therefore -

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

This will possibly enable a quicker and more accurate solution for you.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC

then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Make sure you set any share or google to share to everyone
Much appreciated for this information. I can put aomething together as a sample yes - thank you very much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back