Match cell value, copy/paste adjacent cell data

canarycat123

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help provide some guidance to achieve the below:

I have two sheets: Sheet1 is the “Master Sheet” which contains unique reference numbers in column A followed by a large range of data along the row. Sheet2 is being used to capture a common portion of that information for ease of usability. Within Sheet2 are reference numbers in column A, which are a mirror image of those in Sheet1.

Occasionally data in Sheet2 will be amended and therefore needs to be reflected in Sheet1 against the applicable reference number. E.g. amendment made in cells B2:E2 (Sheet2), code (linked to button) identifies reference in A2, copies data, then matches to the identical reference in Sheet1, then pastes the values into the applicable range (e.g. Sheet1 F7:I7).

I hope this makes sense. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi,

I don't know how the others deal with it, but for me it's really hard to provide a solution without a sample sheet / workbook.

You can use XL2BB to paste your sheets to the forum.

Best practice is to show 2 tables:
- table one with sample data
- table two with result data

Upvote 0
Hi,

I don't know how the others deal with it, but for me it's really hard to provide a solution without a sample sheet / workbook.

You can use XL2BB to paste your sheets to the forum.

Best practice is to show 2 tables:
- table one with sample data
- table two with result data

Hi there, thanks for your response. Unfortunately, my employer doesn’t allow third party add-ins so can’t use XL2BB, however, I have attached two screencaps.

‘Image 1’ is the master sheet, and ‘Image 2’ is the data entry sheet. As an example, if I were to add data to C9 on ‘Image 2’. Upon clicking the button, the code would be able to identify the ref no from the corresponding cell in row A, A9 in this case, match that with the identical ref in ‘Image 1’, cell E3, and paste the newly entered data to X3.

There are many rows of data in each sheet, going into the thousands, so would need to be able to identify changes across the whole data entry sheet. I hope this makes sense?

Attachments

• Image 2.PNG
    Image 2.PNG
    57.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Image 1.PNG
    Image 1.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back