Match function with two column fields

cnatac2000

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have this Excel Array Formula. It works on the Actual Excel worksheet. However, when I tried to transfer it to VBA Excel, it gives me this error Run time error 1004". I normally creates fhe formula first to make sure it works then transfer it to VBA Excel, that I can include as part of the module

This formula matches code 3987 and amounts$3,988.19 to the Deposit List. The formula considers any amount less than the threshold of $300 under B7 as a match.

A7 contains code 3987
B7 Contains amount $3,988.19

C7 - contains amount $300 used as threshold

This is the deposit list
Deposit!G7:G19 - contains deposit code which include 3987
Deposit!F7:F19- Contains dollar amount the nearest amount is 3,911.87 under row 14

This formula works on D7 but I could not transfer it to Excel VBA

Sheets("Deposit").Range("D7").FormulaArray = _
"=IFERROR(IFERROR(MATCH(Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7,Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F19,0)+6,(MATCH(1,(Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F19>(Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7-C7))*(Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F19<Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7+C7),0)+6)),0)"

I am baffled about how to transfer this to VBA Excel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I normally creates fhe formula first to make sure it works then transfer it to VBA Excel
That is a great habit to get into.

Although I am seeing references to the formula can't exceed 255 characters and this is well below that, it looks to me that the length is still the issue.
I am on MS 365 so my excel may be behaving differently but try the below:

1) Is the formula actually on the sheet Deposit ?
If it is then you can remove all the references to "Deposit!" and try it again.

2) If your formula is on a different sheet and you need the Deposit references, try these 2 line
VBA Code:
' in the first line I replaced "Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F1" with the only one shorter range "Deposit!G7:G19"
Range("D7").FormulaArray = "=IFERROR(IFERROR(MATCH(Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7,Deposit!G7:G199,0)+6,(MATCH(1,(Deposit!G7:G199>(Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7-C7))*(Deposit!G7:G199<Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7+C7),0)+6)),0)"
' reversed my previous replacement
Range("D7").Replace "Deposit!G7:G19", "Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F1", xlPart

I got this from @Domenic here VBA error, Unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

Upvote 0
Domenic,

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Actually, the formula will be in another sheet. Once I have the VBA code, I will replace it the sheet with the actual one. I just did this way to make it easy for the reader to see it.

For some reason, I did copy your code, but I still get the same error.

Sub test2()

' in the first line I replaced "Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F1" with the only one shorter range "Deposit!G7:G19"
Range("D8").FormulaArray = _
"=IFERROR(IFERROR(MATCH(Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7,Deposit!G7:G199,0)+6,(MATCH(1,(Deposit!G7:G199>(Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7-C7))*(Deposit!G7:G199<Deposit!A7&Deposit!B7+C7),0)+6)),0)"

' reversed my previous replacement
Range("D8").Replace "Deposit!G7:G19", "Deposit!G7:G19&Deposit!F7:F1", xlPart

End Sub

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
This won't be right because it is looking at the active sheet instead of deposit but if you use this line does it still give you an error 1004 on that line ?
VBA Code:
Range("d7").FormulaArray = "=IFERROR(IFERROR(MATCH(A7&B7,G7:G19,0)+6,(MATCH(1,(G7:G19>(A7&B7-C7))*(G7:G19<A7&B7+C7),0)+6)),0)"

If it does I may not be able to help you since I don't have access to an older version of Excel, and these all work fine on my computer.

Upvote 0
Solution
Domenic

Thank you. The new code works like a charm. You save my day.

Since the data and the formula reside in two different sheets, I will add the sheet name to the formula. Hopefully, this will work.

Once again, my sincere thanks.

Conrad

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back