Maximum value for multiple unique entities

domster62

I hope someone here with better Excel skills than me can help.

I maintain an Excel file which is used by Power BI to provide weekly status of a Fantasy Football (Soccer) league operating at my place of work. There is one tab in the Excel that has 4 columns, the first is the game week number which repeats the same value 69 times from 1 to 38, the second is is the ID number for each team 1-69 so for each game week all teams have a row, the third column is the total points per team (manually updated once a week) and the fourth column is the points scored in the most recent week (formula taking previous week score from current).

In Power BI we are able to report the 3 highest ever weekly scores, however when trying to show in which week the score was achieved my filtering for top 3 stops working.

I would like to create a separate tab in my Excel which will show the maximum points scored for each of the 69 teams and the week it was scored in, I can then use this data in my Power BI report to provide the top 3 scoreboard including the week where the score was achieved.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back