Microsoft Accounting 2008 - any experience

riaz

Has anyone used Microsoft Accountant, either Express or Professional, and if so, do you have any comments, good or bad?

We are thinking of possibly (please dear God yes) ditching our current software for something better. Seeing as how Microsoft has always delivered bug free programs ;) this is an option we are considering.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I have been using the Express version for two years for a community based not for profit that I am the treasurer. It works ok for basic accounting, ie. setting up G/L, paying invoices, and recording deposits. The reports are easily exported to Excel. It does not offer a variance to budget capability. I like the look and feel of it better than Quick Books which I had previously used for a small business I ran. I did like the payroll function in Quick Books. I cannot compare that module to Microsoft product as I haven't used it for payroll.

Alan

Upvote 0
Thank you for that, Alan. I too am a frustrated QB user, and I do not use payroll either, so from your account this may be worth looking at.

If this pans out, we might even consider the full version and network it (20 users). Should be cheaper than QB anyway.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammMcCandless

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back