Microsoft Can't sell Word anymore

I couldn't see an application the complainant had developed. Rightly or wrongly I interpreted it as a method of using Word to achieve a task.....is that not the case?

You are right, it is ironic that they are blocking a product that is necessary for the distribution of their own product... But I guess it is the principle of the matter.
It is a mad, mad world. ;)

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
It's interesting how two different articles on the same story have two different results:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/22/AR2009122203107.html?hpid=sec-tech

From schielrn's article: "Microsoft has said that it and the public will both suffer if Word goes off the market while the company devises a workaround."

From my article: "Either way, though, Microsoft is already moving to get out of the box the court's ruling put it in. In a statement issued earlier Tuesday, the company said it "had put the wheels in motion to remove this little-used feature" from Word before the Jan. 11 deadline."

Meh, either way I find it hard to believe that Microsoft (or the public for that matter) will "suffer" because of this...

Word won't go off the market. They will pay a royalty or rush a fix into 2010 and release it. As long as this litigation has been going on, they almost certainly have a contingency plan. Letting everyone freak out as they ponder the ramification of the ruling is just a strategy to bring pressure to bear on the decision makers. If they can't influence a favorable decision then they will go to plan B. Right now letting everyone sweat works to their advantage because people won't be mad at MS for (allegedly) infringing on a patent. They will be mad at that company that created a problem without having a solution. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back