Microsoft VB Run Time Error - '53' File not found message

m204prgmr

Good Morning,
I hope someone can help. Each time I start Excel I get a Run Time Error: '53' File not found: clinka32.dll. This happens both with new and exhisting files. The web shows nothing when searched. My system shows nothing when searched. Somewhere there is an instruction that wants this file (which I don't have). If you look at the name and think it might be a instruction to link Drive C to Drive A..it's not happening. In that, there doesn't appear to be any access indication. Does anyone know where I need to look for this instruction? Thanks so much.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Re: Microsoft VB Run Time Error - '53' File not found messag

Josh,
No I don't use GURU. Could this be something that would have been used to create an Excel sheet. Maybe someone did and I now have a sheet but not all the cake mixings? :confused: Thanks

Upvote 0

Doesn't sound like this is a problem that one sheet has caused excel. Sounds like there is a plug in or some other program that has modified Excel in some way that it is looking for a new file. GURU was the only program I could find on the internet that seemed to have files possibly named CLINK.

I would mostly reccomend removal and re-installation of Excel. If the file itself is not listed on Microsoft's knowledge base (and I looked) then it is not a native Excel file you're dealing with, and possibly a virus.

Peace,
Josh

:coffee:

Upvote 0

Thanks Josh,
I'll try the uninstall and reinstall later, I need to go offline for a bit. I'll keep ya posted.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back