Microsoft visual studio (administrator)

chris001

Hi All,
Before I start , Thanks You so much to take out your time to solve my query , I have been googling but returned with no luck I think it so simple but now, nothing strike in my mind.
I;m training to learn how add our own COM ADDINS to excel , In order to learn this |I have found this site with video clips
How to develop a COM add-in for Excel 2000-2007 in VB.NET, C#, C++.NET

but i stuck at the first step , I wanted to learn step by step but that video showing MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO (ADMINISTRATOR) which makes me so confused from where to start Do I have to installed that application or is it inbuilt with my system??? Please guide me in right directionn!!!
thanks in advance

Im using 2007

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi All,
Before I start , Thanks You so much to take out your time to solve my query , I have been googling but returned with no luck I think it so simple but now, nothing strike in my mind.
I;m training to learn how add our own COM ADDINS to excel , In order to learn this |I have found this site with video clips
How to develop a COM add-in for Excel 2000-2007 in VB.NET, C#, C++.NET

but i stuck at the first step , I wanted to learn step by step but that video showing MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO (ADMINISTRATOR) which makes me so confused from where to start Do I have to installed that application or is it inbuilt with my system??? Please guide me in right directionn!!!
thanks in advance

Im using 2007

hi all,
Please can any one look at this...............

Upvote 0
You would need to buy Microsoft Visual Studio and install it. It's big program - I would invest in it only if you want to do a lot of serious development work and are serious about learning programming. Trial versions are available. See:
Visual Studio Home | Microsoft Visual Studio

Upvote 0
You would need to buy Microsoft Visual Studio and install it. It's big program - I would invest in it only if you want to do a lot of serious development work and are serious about learning programming. Trial versions are available. See:
Visual Studio Home | Microsoft Visual Studio

Thanks for responsding and info,
so don't we have another alternate way for this (to add our own macros to ribbons???

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
You don't need visual studio to customize the ribbon. COM addins are another story - not my area of expertise. I'm just talking about excel addins. Put your ribbon customizations in an Addin (.xlam) - that seems to work best (then your ribbon customizations are available all the time - if the menu should only be in a single workbook then put it in that workbook).

Lots of ribbon instruction here:
Change the Ribbon in Excel 2007 or Excel 2010

Also right click menus work as they did in 2003:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...izing-excel-right-click-menu-still-works.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajbooisen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back