Missing Numbers, Remove Duplicate Numbers

MrsFrankieH

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello fellow Members!
My operating system is Windows 10 and use Office 10.

If you can, can you please help me with three formulas?

1. In the first problem I’m using 15 numbers from within the 1 to 41 range. On the left (A1:E3) are numbers within the 1 to 41 range (in green). The numbers in green have duplicates that I want to remove and place the remaining numbers in numerical order on the right (H1:L3).
Note: The empty cells (H3 through L3) are for times when all of the (A1:E3) are different numbers.

2. In this problem, I would like to add the missing numbers from H1:L3 to the cell on the right. The range is 1 to 41. If possible, can they be put in numerical order as well?
Note: Extra cells were added to accommodate extra numbers.

3. In this problem, can I get a formula to take the duplicate numbers from A1:E3 and put them in V1 through AA?
Note: I added extra cells just in case.

Thanks again for your help in advance. With much appreciation!!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
There is a mistake in the data sample - the number 28 in D1 is missing in H1:L3 (first problem).
If i'm right , try this:

First problem
Array formula in H1 copied across till L1 and down
=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(COUNTIF(OFFSET($A$1:$E$3,,,ROW($A$1:$E$3)-ROW($A$1)+1,COLUMN($A$1:$E$3)-COLUMN($A$1)+1),N(OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A$1:$E$3)-ROW($A$1),COLUMN($A$1:$E$3)-COLUMN($A$1))))=1,$A$1:$E$3),5*ROWS(H$1:H1)+COLUMNS($H1:H1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Second problem
Array formula in O1 copied across till S1 and down
=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($H$1:$L$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41))=0,ROW($A$1:$A$41)),5*ROWS(O$1:O1)+COLUMNS($O1:O1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Third problem
Array formula in V1 copied across till Z1 and down
=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(COUNTIF(OFFSET($A$1:$E$3,,,ROW($A$1:$E$3)-ROW($A$1)+1,COLUMN($A$1:$E$3)-COLUMN($A$1)+1),N(OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A$1:$E$3)-ROW($A$1),COLUMN($A$1:$E$3)-COLUMN($A$1))))>1,$A$1:$E$3),5*ROWS(V$1:V1)+COLUMNS($V1:V1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Hope this helps

M.

Upvote 0
Small adjustment in the third formula

Array formula in V1 copied acroos till Z1 and down
=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(COUNTIF(OFFSET($A$1:$E$3,,,ROW($A$1:$E$3)-ROW($A$1)+1,COLUMN($A$1:$E$3)-COLUMN($A$1)+1),N(OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A$1:$E$3)-ROW($A$1),COLUMN($A$1:$E$3)-COLUMN($A$1))))=2,$A$1:$E$3),5*ROWS(V$1:V1)+COLUMNS($V1:V1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

M.

Upvote 0
oops...
The formula has a flaw...
Re-thinking...

M.

I appreciate any help you can give me Marcelo!! Also, thank you for fixing my mistake. You're gem!! I appreciate your help more than I can express. I'll be back on in a couple of hours, I will let my genius Marcelo create!!!

Thanks again Marcelo! :)

Upvote 0
New version ...(correct and simpler formulas ;))

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY($A$1:$E$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(H$1:H1)+COLUMNS($H1:H1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($H$1:$L$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1)=0,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(O$1:O1)+COLUMNS($O1:O1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY($A$1:$E$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1)>1,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(V$1:V1)+COLUMNS($V1:V1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

M.

Upvote 0
New version ...(correct and simpler formulas ;))

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY($A$1:$E$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(H$1:H1)+COLUMNS($H1:H1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($H$1:$L$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1)=0,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(O$1:O1)+COLUMNS($O1:O1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY($A$1:$E$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1)>1,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(V$1:V1)+COLUMNS($V1:V1)-5),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

M.

Hello Marcelo!! Thank you so much for your time and expertise, I'm going to try it out right now. I'll keep you posted.

Upvote 0
Hello Marcelo!! Thank you so much for your time and expertise, I'm going to try it out right now. I'll keep you posted.

Update: Dear Marcelo, all of your formulas worked like a charm!!! I'm in complete gratitude for your help and expertise!! Thank you so much!! I will have three more problems tomorrow that need formulas for and I hope you are on and have the time. Wherever you are in the world I wish you a wonderful evening or a wonderful day. Thanks again for your help!! :)

Upvote 0
Update: Dear Marcelo, all of your formulas worked like a charm!!! I'm in complete gratitude for your help and expertise!! Thank you so much!! I will have three more problems tomorrow that need formulas for and I hope you are on and have the time. Wherever you are in the world I wish you a wonderful evening or a wonderful day. Thanks again for your help!! :)

Update: Hi Marcelo! After putting the formula for the last problem in, just one thing was missing. In the formula, I should have been more specific. :) The top row, A1, B1, C1, D1, E1 should also be omitted. Could you please either advise me or help me with a formula omitting the top row?
I hope it's not too much to ask. You've already done so much already. Thank you so much Marcelo. :)

Upvote 0
Hello,

First of all ... Congrats to Marcelo ... !!! :)

If you need to skip the row 1 from your source ... a tiny,tiny modification :

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY($A$2:$E$3,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1)>1,ROW($A$1:$A$41)-ROW($A$1)+1),5*ROWS(V$1:V1)+COLUMNS($V1:V1)-5),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teodora bocarski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back