MOD 10 Check Digit Formula

indeegirl

Hi! I hope someone can help me out! I am a graphic designer, and I am designing a statement for an insurance company. They have a slip that needs a MOD 10 Check Digit scan line with a weight of 2 1 at the bottom of the payment slip. The customer provides me with a .csv file with the following column titles that need to be converted to this scan line. The position is the placement in the scan line.

Position Description
1-10 ACCT_ID
11-13 Blank
14-21 INV_DATE Date (yyyymoda format, however the data comes to me as 1/8/2011)
22-25 PLAN_ID
26 CREDIT_AMT AND DEBIT_AMT
27-32 AMT_DUE
33 Check Digit* Will be generated by all of these numbers

The resulting scan line should look like (the following the # means space, I don't need the actual symbol there):
1000143400###20091201000000045801

I am using XMPie, a variable data software to make the statement, so I need excel to formulate this code, so I can map it into my document. Another thing, is the date format I receive is wrong, compared to how it is needed in the Scanline. Will I need to change that before generating the code? This project has got me baffled, and the more I try the crazier it seems. If someone has any ideas, I would be forever in your debt:) The customer wants this project to go live March 3rd, and I have been working on this for a month!! If you can help, I would be able to email you the statement, the execl file and whatever else you need!!

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Yes, I assumed you would only have numbers......you'd also have to deal with the spaces, I'm not sure if those should just be completely ignored or treated as zeroes......do you know?

Upvote 0
I may have to ask the customer how they dealt with the - and the . previously. They actually do need a space, so the final number looks like this: (### is a space, when I post, it takes the spaces away) the 1 is the check digit.

1000143400###20091201000000045801

Thanks so much everyone for helping me with this!

Upvote 0
For the spaces, what I could do is just use the CONCATENATED_DATA to calculate the check digit in excel, then map the account number and the other data separately in my variable data software. That would take care of the space issue! As far as calculating my check digit, I am still at a loss :|

Upvote 0
Need calculation Formula Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!

For your reference:
A B C

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"><col style="width: 32pt;" width="42"> <col style="width: 56pt;" width="74"> <col style="width: 63pt;" width="84"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt; width: 32pt;" align="right" height="20" width="42"> 12.5</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-left: medium none; width: 56pt;" align="right" width="74">30</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-left: medium none; width: 63pt;" align="right" width="84">375</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">12.5</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">45</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">562.5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">5</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">25</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">125</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">5</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">15</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">12.5</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">10</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">125</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Total 5 :
Total 12.5:

Total No of 5 in the A column is 2, But i need a formula in another column=
Total No of 5(A column) * opposite C column amount

Upvote 0
Re: Need calculation Formula Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I don't understand. Maybe it's to early in the morn for me yet :)

Upvote 0
Re: Need calculation Formula Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!

For your reference:
A B C

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt" width=42><COL style="WIDTH: 56pt" width=74><COL style="WIDTH: 63pt" width=84><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl65 style="WIDTH: 32pt; HEIGHT: 15pt" align=right width=42 height=20>12.5</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 56pt" align=right width=74>30</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 63pt" align=right width=84>375</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; HEIGHT: 15pt" align=right height=20>12.5</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>45</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>562.5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; HEIGHT: 15pt" align=right height=20>5</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>25</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>125</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; HEIGHT: 15pt" align=right height=20>5</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>15</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>75</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; HEIGHT: 15pt" align=right height=20>12.5</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>10</TD><TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" align=right>125</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Total 5 :
Total 12.5:

Total No of 5 in the A column is 2, But i need a formula in another column=
Total No of 5(A column) * opposite C column amount

Manikandan - did you put this to the wrong post?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back