MOD function to automate a scheduling task

PhysiqologyInc

I want to create a numerical Week.Day format for a spreadsheet, such that "1.1" means "Week 1, Day 1", and so on.

I set up a validation table to create a starting point that is pulled from that table. The starting point can be any week, as well as any day.

In my data entry sheet, I want to be able to:
1) Assign a beginning time. Example 2.3 (meaning, Week 2, Day 3),
2) Assign a frequency of repeat, as in, how often this task is to be repeated,
AND (this is the part I cannot figure out)
3) Have successive columns produce the proper Week.Day format from the preceding two variables. So, if my first week.day is 2.3, and my repeat is 3 (every 3 days), I want the columns to read as such:
4.1, and so on.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Honestly, this is a bad idea. You want to have your data in a format which violates 1st Normal Form. It stipulates that you should never put two pieces of information in a single cell. This is precisely what you are attempting to do and the difficulties you are experiencing indicate that pretty much everything will be much more complex than normally.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
Honestly, this is a bad idea. You want to have your data in a format which violates 1st Normal Form. It stipulates that you should never put two pieces of information in a single cell. This is precisely what you are attempting to do and the difficulties you are experiencing indicate that pretty much everything will be much more complex than normally.

J.Ty.
Alright. I will give this some additional thought, and see if I can break it down and make it work on my own. Thank you for the help.

Upvote 0
I don't disagree that this may be complicating things. However, if you still want to proceed that way, see if this helps.

20 03 10.xlsm
BCDEFG
3Start2.32.63.23.54.1
4Repeat3
Week.Day
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D3:G3D3=INT((INT(C3)*7+10*MOD(C3,1)+$C4)/7)+MOD(INT(C3)*7+10*MOD(C3,1)+$C4,7)/10

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back