Modify worksheets vs. create temporary worksheets for printing?

Nuke_It_Newport

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning, everyone,

I have up to 10 worksheets that are printed as a report on a weekly basis. The user selects the sheets to print from a listbox selection. The selected sheets have certain rows and columns removed and all conditional formatting is removed from the sheets. The print preview window is shown, and the user confirms or cancels the print operation. Once the print operation is complete, the rows and columns are unhidden, and the conditional formatting is reapplied.
I've been working to write code that is as efficient as possible. Which of these methods would be faster (or am I splitting hairs here)?
  1. On the selected sheets, hide certain rows and columns, remove conditional formatting, print the sheets, then unhide the rows and columns and reapply the conditional formatting.
  2. Create new worksheets, copy the original worksheets to these sheets using an array (only copying the desired rows and columns as text only (no CF or other formatting), then deleting the temporary sheets after printing.
Thanks for your advice!

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I would Copy the Original Sheet, make the changes on the temp sheet and print, then delete the temp sheet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back