AliciaGoyanes

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

I have a doubt regarding Excel.

I want to change months every time I pass the 25th day of the previous month.

For example, if it today were to be 26th October, (using the formula TODAY()) I would like to obtain with another formula the next month ("NOV"). It must stay in "NOV" until I reach the 26th of November, and then I would get "DEC" as a result of the formula.

The months I have them in an index, being them in column A5. They stay as:
A5= "NOV"
A6="DEC"
A7="JAN"

Thanks a lot!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
How about
Fluff.xlsm
AB
212/10/2022Oct
Main
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=TODAY()
B2B2=TEXT(IF(DAY(A2)>25,A2+10,A2),"mmm")

Upvote 0
Excel Formula:
=TEXT(IF(DAY(TODAY())<=25,DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(25)),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,DAY(25))),"mmm")

Upvote 0
untested
Book1
A
2Oct
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=TEXT(IF(DAY(TODAY())>25,MONTH(TODAY())+1*29,MONTH(TODAY())*29),"mmm")

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, thank you so much for all the responses.
Though, I want to link the formula to my index, instead of having the "MMM".
This is because not all the time the months are NOV,DEC,JAN, sometimes it is NOV,JAN,MAR,MAY.

For simplicity, my index is as I said earlier:
A5= "NOV"
A6="DEC"
A7="JAN"

Any way in which your formulas I can link them to if(today()<25,A5,A6)...something like that.

Tka lot

Upvote 0
This is because not all the time the months are NOV,DEC,JAN, sometimes it is NOV,JAN,MAR,MAY.
Not sure exactly what you mean or are trying to do.

Can you post some sample data along with expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff, tried to upload by XL2BB, didn't manage, sorry about that. I will upload some mini-sheets instead, hope its ok.
So the problem I am facing is that every time the day 26th start of the month, I want to move to the month after (from my index column A). In a way, saying right now we are at 12/10/2022, then it should be giving me A4. On the 26/10/2022, it should give me A5. On the 26/11/2022, it should give me A6...like that

I can clarify further if not well understood, not that easy to explain. Btw, my formula below does not work, but the concept is something like that.

A1B1C1
=TODAY()
OCT=IF(DAY(A2)>25,A4,A3)
NOV
JAN
MAR

Upvote 0
Is this what you mean
Fluff.xlsm
AB
226/11/2022
3OCTJAN
4NOV
5JAN
6MAR
Data
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B3B3=INDEX(A3:A6,MONTH(A2)-9+(DAY(A2)>25))

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff, sorry for the late response. It is not really what I needed as this is not linked to the index I put. The formula you put is linked to =today() but I want to tell excel to say: if day of today is higher than 25, then choose the month of the row below in the index. Currently, as we are in 25(10/2022, the formula would give me NOV (A4).
However, tomorrow, it should give me JAN (A5).

So the formula should be in a way in which if the day is higher than 25, A5, if not A4. However, on the 01/11/2022, I want now to have JAN still, as the month is November already.

Let me know if clear or not...not easy to explain, but the index I put in my last message should make it clear.

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(A3:A6,MONTH(A2)-8+(DAY(A2)>25))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back