Moving a row of data to another sheet after a period of time

nakiasl

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an attendance workbook im creating. i need to be able to us a button I have created to move data from a row after a year has past to another sheet within the work book that will hold the archived attendance records. for example employee a was tardy on 02/12/21 and received a point. On 02/12/22 that point will roll off and that row needs to be moved from the current attendance sheet to the archived sheet for that employee. can you help with this

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
welcome to the forum :)

VBA below assumes that the DATE being tested is in column A in sheet named "Current"
If that DATE is earlier or equal to ONE YEAR AGO then the row is moved to sheet "Archived"

amend to suit the layout in your workbook

VBA Code:
Sub MoveOldData()
    Dim wsA As Worksheet, wsC As Worksheet, r As Long, lr As Long, cel As Range, YearAgo As Date
    YearAgo = DateSerial(Year(Date) - 1, Month(Date), Day(Date)) + 1    'adding 1 reduces <= test to <
    Set wsA = Sheets("Archived")
    Set wsC = Sheets("Current")
    Set cel = wsA.Cells(wsA.Cells.Rows.Count, 1)
    lr = wsC.Cells(wsC.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row                     'determine last row with value in column A
    For r = lr To 2 Step -1                                             'start at bottom when deleting rows
        If wsC.Cells(r, 1) < YearAgo Then                               'test date value in column A
            With wsC.Cells(r, 1).EntireRow
                .Copy Destination:=cel.End(xlUp).Offset(1)              'copy data to next row in sheet "Archived"
                .Delete                                                 'delete original row
            End With
        End If
    Next r
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for replying to me. This works, but not quite the way I need it to. When I create my button and run the macro it moves the cells up and moves the date that needs to be archived and the button to the archived sheet. I want to be able to move the attendance data that rolls off to the archived sheet but I don't want to change or shift any of the other cells on the current sheet. I hope that makes since. I uploaded a screen shot of the workbook. I need to keep everything in columns A through H and rows 1 through 5 in its same location with all its same formatting and formulas. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Nakia

Attachments

• Example Workbook.PNG
    Example Workbook.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
To only deal with rows below row 5 ....
For r = lr To 6 Step -1

I need to keep everything in columns A through H in its same location with all its same formatting and formulas
"Before" and "desired" view of current sheet would be useful

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back