Mr Excel's VBA learning course

John_Moorhouse

Is Mr Excel's course Mac compatible and if not, can you direct me to some alternative on-line learning source, from basics onwards?

The Ledge

javascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
According to Mr. Excel, while Microsoft "claims" that Excel VBA is the same for both Macintosh & Windows, they are actually two different animals and DO NOT play nice with each other. :oops:

If you're trying to write applications that will cross platform, forget it...

I'd send Bill Jelen (Mr. Excel) an e-mail (consult@mrexcel.com) and see what he'd recommend.

Not the best of news,

Smitty

Thanks for this candid response. I do not aim to produce cross-platform applications and I look farward to hearing from Mr Excel soon.
The Ledge

The Slide Your Way Through Excel VBA requires Power Point with VBA enabled to run. I have not tried it on a Mac, but I am 75% sure that it would not work. Drop me an e-mail with your address and I will let you beta test a CD for the Mac. If it doesn't work, no harm, if it does, let me know and we can be sure.

There are a lot of difficulties in writing VBA code for the Mac. Much of the basic stuff will work, but if the code uses anything from the Windows API, or DAO, it is going to fail on the Mac. Most of the concepts on the Slide Your Way through Excel VBA CD would work in either platform. However, I would estimate that a bunch (10-15%) of the Holy Macro! CD contain some Windows API code.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back