MS Powerpoint - disable a toolbar on open?

lord of the badgers

Board Regular
Hi
In work we have a redundant (my judgement!) powerpoint Add-in. The toolbar adds itself under the std toolbars everytime you open powerpoint - taking up an annoying three lines of toolbars.

I cannot 'see' the add-in in the add-in menu, and the facility is SMS'd to our machines (ie auto installed) everytime we log in. So manually removing it is both time consuming and irritating.

What would i need to create my own add-in (perhaps) to simply remove the errant toolbar "numbering add-in", that way i don't interfere with my company's coding & get them upset!

?

thanks!!!
:)

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You would just need to create an add-in that would turn off the VISIBLE property of the toolbar.

Here are the steps to do that:

1. Open a new Powerpoint Presentation
  2. Open the VBE (Alt+F11)
  3. Open the Project Explorer in the VBE (Ctrl+R)
  4. Right-Click on your presentation in the Project Explorer (will look something like "VBAProject (Presentation1)"Select Insert|Module in the popup-menu
  5. Insert the following code into the new module
    <font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Auto_Open()
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">On</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Error</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Resume</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN>
        Application.CommandBars("Name of Errant Toolbar Here").Visible = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN>
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">On</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Error</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> 0
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>
  6. Adjust the toolbar name in the code to match your errant toolbar
  7. Close the VBE and return to Powerpoint
  8. Goto File|SaveAs
  9. Save the file as a PPA (Powerpoint AddIn)
  10. Close the file
  11. Goto Tools|AddIns
  12. Click the Add New button, and find the file you just created
  13. Close and restart Powerpoint

Upvote 0
yes i did. i'm none too shabby at VBA, i just wasnt sure of toolbar methods. if i load the addin, it works, but won't autorun each time i restart

Upvote 0
Actually, it's probably running, but because of the order of what's being run, the toolbar might not exist whenever it is being started. That was something I was afraid of.

Upvote 0
so.. what's really needed is code to run AFTER the company add-in is installed..
since the autopen seems to run first, you could use something like this:
Application.AddIns("mytools").AutoLoad = msoFalse
that would stop the company addin.. unless it's a comaddin..
I don't ppt program, but looking at the addin object, you might be able to use something to your advantage....

Upvote 0
thanks starl, i'll look at that. Yeah VBA in PPT is pretty difficult to get to grips with.. not so logical as Excel & Access.

thanks again

Upvote 0
it's not as developed.. but maybe one day.. I mean, look at Outlook - a few years ago, there wasn't any vba!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back