multi level formul ifs counta mistake

rjmdc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hi
this is the original formula
=@IFS([@TABS]="","",AND([@TABS]<>"",COUNTA(Table2[@[Packet Ready to Print]:[Signed Doc Received snail mail]])=0), 7,AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Packet Ready to Print]]="To Print"),5,AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Packet Ready to Print]]="printed",[@[Packet Sent ]]=""),4,AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Launched Date
DONE]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received Email]]="",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]=""), 6,AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Launched Date
DONE]]<>"",OR([@[Signed Doc Received Email]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]<>"")),0,AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Packet Sent ]]<>"",[@[Meeting Date]]=""),3,AND([@TABS]<>[@[Meeting Date]]<>"",[@[Launched Date
DONE]]=""),1,AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Invite Sent]]<>""),2)

i need to add: AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Invite Sent]]="TERMINATED"),8 but itserroring since i dont know where to put it

It seems you won't follow my instructions, so let's try something else. Just amend the last part of your current formula from:

AND([@TABS]<>"",[@[Invite Sent]]<>""),2)

to:

[@[Invite Sent]]="TERMINATED",8,[@[Invite Sent]]<>"",2)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
i am not sure what i am not following
i repasted my original formula
i startedwith the error of #NA
now i undertsand the issue
the tabs IS blank anbd invite sent is terminated
how can i fix the #NA to be 8

Upvote 0
the error begins in the tabs column
this was the formula
=IF(ISBLANK(XLOOKUP([@Name],Broker_CM!A:A,Broker_CM!B:B)),"", XLOOKUP([@Name],Broker_CM!A:A,Broker_CM!B:B))

it gives me the #NA
then all the other forumals fail

Upvote 0
XLOOKUP has an argument you can supply to return something if the lookup fails:

XLOOKUP([@Name],Broker_CM!A:A,Broker_CM!B:B,"")

Upvote 0
hi fixed all my xlookips
now how do i add if invite =terminated 8?

Upvote 0
As I said in post 21. ;)

Upvote 0
i did that adding to my original formula however it defaulted to scenario 4 instead of the 8
no longer are there blank tabs per se
there are blank rows

Upvote 0
Then you need to rearrange the conditions in the relevant priority. The IFS will return the value for whichever is the first condition that is true.

Upvote 0
In case it helps:
PS: if none of the conditions are met you will currenltly get #N/A, I have added a catch all at the end.
None of the conditions are met if Tab <> "" and the only items populated are one or more of Packet Ready to Print (invalid entry), Signed Doc Received Email, Signed Doc Received snail mail

20231012 IFS formula rjmdc.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJ
8TabsPacket Ready to PrintPacket Sent Launched Date DONESigned Doc Received EmailMeeting DateInvite SentSigned Doc Received snail mailFormulaCriteria
9 [@Tabs]=""
10Test7COUNTA(Table2[@[Packet Ready to Print]:[Signed Doc Received snail mail]])=0, 7,
112To Printxxxxxx5[@[Packet Ready to Print]]="To Print",5,
123Printed4AND([@[Packet Ready to Print]]="printed",[@[Packet Sent ]]=""),4,
133xYes6AND([@[Launched Date DONE]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received Email]]="",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]=""), 6,
143PrintedxAnythingxxxx0AND([@[Launched Date DONE]]<>"",OR([@[Signed Doc Received Email]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]<>"")),0,
154xYesYesxxx0AND([@[Launched Date DONE]]<>"",OR([@[Signed Doc Received Email]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]<>"")),0,
164xYesxxxYes0AND([@[Launched Date DONE]]<>"",OR([@[Signed Doc Received Email]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]<>"")),0,
175Yes3AND([@[Packet Sent ]]<>"",[@[Meeting Date]]=""),3,
186Yes1AND([@[Meeting Date]]<>"",[@[Launched Date DONE]]=""),1,
195TERMINATED8[@[Invite Sent]]="TERMINATED",8,
206xxSomething2[@[Invite Sent]]<>"",2,
217xxxNo Criteria MetTRUE,"No Criteria Met")
Formula
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I9:I21I9=IFS([@Tabs]="","", COUNTA(Table2[@[Packet Ready to Print]:[Signed Doc Received snail mail]])=0, 7, [@[Packet Ready to Print]]="To Print",5, AND([@[Packet Ready to Print]]="printed",[@[Packet Sent ]]=""),4, AND([@[Launched Date DONE]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received Email]]="",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]=""), 6, AND([@[Launched Date DONE]]<>"",OR([@[Signed Doc Received Email]]<>"",[@[Signed Doc Received snail mail]]<>"")),0, AND([@[Packet Sent ]]<>"",[@[Meeting Date]]=""),3, AND([@[Meeting Date]]<>"",[@[Launched Date DONE]]=""),1, [@[Invite Sent]]="TERMINATED",8, [@[Invite Sent]]<>"",2, TRUE,"No Criteria Met")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bororob85

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back