Multi-retailer POS report

ghardwick

This is a total noob question I'm sure. I'm just getting started and this is my first time creating something in powerpivot. (I've used tools created by others in the past). I'm trying to build a dashboard with several charts and slicers.

I'm creating a POS report for a manufacturer taking several POS feeds from major retailers and linking the retailer's item numbers (this is how they report) to the manufacturer's number via a cross reference table. I'm able to get the sales to roll up to the manufacturer item number, but as three seperate measures (POS Qty), with a bar for each item. How do I get the POS qty's from each retailer to show as one number, then use the slicers to select individual retailers? Also, if I wanted to show a total topline trend, rolling all sales of all items into one monthly number how would I do that?

Thanks,

gh

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Really hard without seeing a pic of the model, but I get the feeling you basically have 1 lookup table (the manufactorer) and 3 fact tables (1 per POS system). If you don't want to combine the POS systems into 1 table (via power query or sql or appending csv or ... whatever) then you will need a measure something like:

total sales := sum(pos1[sales]) + sum(pos2[sales]) + sum(pos3[sales])

Your goal is that to basically only use filters/slicer and such from that manufactorer lookup.

Upvote 0
I'm feeling like an idiot as I can't seem to create a calculated field. Do I need Excel 2013 for this? I have 2010.

So once the calculation is created I'd like for the chart to display topline sales for the retailers, selected via slicer, and also be able to drill down to brand or all the way to specific item and see sales at that level as well.

Upvote 0
You aren't an idiot -- microsoft is :) They changed the name -- in 2010 it's called a "Measure".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichealRed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back