Reusing a query on a new tab?

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi everyone. I am very new to power query in excel. So if the question seems really basic should-know stuff I apologize and appreciate any insights and guidance.

From our web based inventory control software I can isolate a report that shows who has what. That report always has the same name, exports in .xlsx format, and overwrites the report on file.

I would like to create a workbook to aggregate the amount of items on hand by a person daily.
I can create the query so it shows the rows and columns easily enough. What I would like to do is name the tab with the current date. That gets me the current numbers. Then (usually) tomorrow I would like to add a tab for that date then rerun the query so I now have two tabs (yesterday and today) showing who had what. Ideally I would run the query once a day on a new tab for that date. Eventually I would begin discarding tabs over 30-days old as no longer needed.

Like I said, I'm new to PQ. I'm not sure how to tell it to run the same query on a new tab.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Much simpler to copy the previous days results to a new tab as values. Then just refresh the query to get today's values.

Upvote 1
Solution
Much simpler to copy the previous days results to a new tab as values. Then just refresh the query to get today's values.
Now why didn't I think of that? I need to go to the store and stock up on common sense. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back