Power Query Push to a Stored File

xMIKExSMITHx

Hi Gang,

I am in the middle of revamping my company's forecast files since our traditional methods have been clunky at best. Typically, the old forecast file would be accessible to everyone, they enter forecasts, and then I use a power query in another file to grab the data from each forecast. Over the years, Ive noticed issues, not on the PQ side, but just user interface and something like a rogue value causing the query to error out.

I want to move this to something like, I have a table in the forecast file, and when someone enters a new forecast, they need to click refresh on the data tab, so that the table is sent through PQ and stored in a seperate file note accessed by the end user, and only accessible by finance. Is there a way to make PQ push the data to another file rather than the other file grabbing it? Basically I want the end user to have to hit refresh to submit their forecast.

Im open to any ideas or suggestions.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
You would have to utilize either VBA or Power Automate for this process. Power Query itself cannot push data

Upvote 0
Solution
You would have to utilize either VBA or Power Automate for this process. Power Query itself cannot push data
Thank you for the reply. I was afraid that would be the case. Only issue with VBA, which I personally wouldnt mind doing, is that the end users, which is pretty much the whole company, would have to enable macros since my company by default disables them. But Ill keep researching. Thanks again for the quick reply!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back