Multiple condition query

sathyaganapathi

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
Could you please help to combine below two quries under one?
VBA Code:
If Me.ComboBox1.Value <> "Lab_Pending" And Me.ComboBox1.Value <> "ALL" Then
    qry = "SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput WHERE " & Me.ComboBox1.Value & " LIKE '%" & Me.TextSearch.Value & "%'"
End If

Code:
If Me.ComboBox1.Value = "ALL" And sDate <> "" And Me.ComboBox1.Value = "ALL" And eDate <> "" Then ' this is working
    qry = "SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput where Process_DateTime BETWEEN #" & sDate & "# AND #" & eDate & "#"
End If

Both are working fine when user separately.
when try to combine them together nothing worrks.
What I want is, first query to work when date range is given.
Please help.

Attachments

• combobox1value.jpg
    combobox1value.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Query with multiple condition to get data from access
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Query with multiple condition to get data from access
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Hi Fluff,
Thanks for reminding the rule and the link.
Here is the Link to other forum.
Please help with the solution to the above request.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Request somebody to please help on this.

I want below code to work to fetch data from access database when user want to get the data for a selected search term between two given dates.
I am not sure where the code is wrong..
Please help.

VBA Code:
    qry = "SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput WHERE " & Me.ComboBox1.Value & " LIKE '%" & Me.TextSearch.Value & "%' & Process_DateTime BETWEEN #" & sDate & "# AND #" & eDate & "#"
End If

Attachments

• combobox1value.jpg
    combobox1value.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Would help if you posted what the result is - nothing returned, wrong results, error message??
I suspect it is because you should be writing along the lines of "...WHERE SomeFieldName LIKE" not "...WHERE Me.SomeControlName LIKE"

You could always use the query builder and then copy from the sql view and modify that.

Upvote 0
Would help if you posted what the result is - nothing returned, wrong results, error message??
I suspect it is because you should be writing along the lines of "...WHERE SomeFieldName LIKE" not "...WHERE Me.SomeControlName LIKE"

You could always use the query builder and then copy from the sql view and modify that.
Dear Micron,
As I mentioned in my earlier post, below two codes when run seperately works fine.

code 1 - works fine.
VBA Code:
    qry = "SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput WHERE " & Me.ComboBox1.Value & " LIKE '%" & Me.TextSearch.Value & "%'"
End If

Code 2 - works fine
Code:
If Me.ComboBox1.Value = "ALL" And sDate <> "" And Me.ComboBox1.Value = "ALL" And eDate <> "" Then
    qry = "SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput where Process_DateTime BETWEEN #" & sDate & "# AND #" & eDate & "#"
End If

Or like below also works fine.
Code:
Elseif Me.ComboBox1.Value = "ALL" And sDate <> "" And Me.ComboBox1.Value = "ALL" And eDate <> "" Then ' this is working
End If

but, I want both the above queries in one query so that user can get the data searhed in code 1 for a date range selected. where exactly I need to correct the code is the question for me now.
Could you please help to rewrite it correctly?
How to use the "query builder"?

Upvote 0
Still not sure I get it - you have different conditions for each query. . You could post what you tried when you put them together? Or is it just

SQL:
"SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput WHERE " & Me.ComboBox1 & " LIKE '%" & Me.TextSearch & "%' AND Process_DateTime BETWEEN #" & sDate & "# AND #" & eDate & "#""

Upvote 0
Solution
Still not sure I get it - you have different conditions for each query. . You could post what you tried when you put them together? Or is it just

SQL:
"SELECT * FROM TBL_PlabInput WHERE " & Me.ComboBox1 & " LIKE '%" & Me.TextSearch & "%' AND Process_DateTime BETWEEN #" & sDate & "# AND #" & eDate & "#""
Dear Micron,
I tried with the code you suggested.
It is just what I wanted !!! I did small modification to the condition and the struggle is over. Thanks a lot for your help.

Upvote 0
I took a wild guess at what you wanted. Glad I was able to help!

Upvote 0
Dear Micron,
100% perfect guess :)(y)
btw, what is the difference between Me.Combobox1.Value and Me.Combobox?
why the earlier code was not worknig? It would be helpful if you can give some comments to understand and work on future query requirements.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back