Multiple Dates with Entries in one Cell?

ryguylears

I am tracking followups on pending bids, I inherited an old sheet that someone built to track about ~200 open proposals making monthly followup calls that they log in one cell...see below.

#EST. #BID DATEPROJECT NAMEPRICEGENERAL CONTRACTORComments / FollowupESTIMATORBid TypeRegion
119-096911/21/2019Hotel Atlanta - Dunwoody, GA$2,916,000General Name2/13/20: Paul working on VE and should have more info next week.
1/8/20: Descope meeting Friday, should be our job
12/10/19: Rev 1
11/21/19: Bid letter submitted to Jess B, Precon Mgr, Hogan
KellyHGA

Just curious if there is a better way of organizing the Comments / Followup section without blowing up the sheet as it is already quite large to digest.

I have a macro set up that sends the row to a won or lost sheet once we are informed by the general contractor, but that's about is as far as automation, pretty basic.

Any help or examples would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I would suggest slicing that cell into a couple columns
Comment Date / Comment / Follow up Req'd (with a Y/N) / Follow up date / Follow up comment / Issue resolved (with a Y/N)
Something like that... right now you cannot see at a glance or filterable if raised issues were resolved and when... the comments storybook won't present that clearly and you lost the ability to look at the activity from 2019 with that bid, that having the extra columns allows.
You already have the macro to move a row... adjust it to move an EST# to pull all the rows together in one shot
Also, separating this opens you up to pivot tables at a higher value...
My two cents

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back