Multiple Factor Formula

Tofergstaff1287

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am very novice with Excel, so hopefully I can explain what I need. I am basically trying to end up with a Yes/No answer after looking at multiple criteria across multiple ranges.

The product I am working on is a purchase request log. So I have a main tab for inputting a request and I have multiple tabs corresponding to each month. My goal is on the main page to show which month that purchase is allocated to be made, and if that purchase has actually been made. The part I am struggling with is a formula to show if the purchase was made as the formula has to search multiple criteria over multiple tabs.

My idea for how this would work is the formula would first look at when the purchase was allocated, then based off that, search that months tab to find that particular product, then come back with a yes/no on if the purchased cell for that product says yes or no.

On the attached example. The spot I need the formula is on the main tab in column L. The output should just be either Yes or No. I need the formula to look at column K to find which month the purchase was allocated, then check column D in that same row for the name of the item. From there I need it to look for that item name in that months tab it was allocated to be purchased. If it finds that name in column B of that month it was allocated for, I then need it to check if column H in that same row says "Yes". If that says Yes, I need the main page to reflect the Yes answer. If it doesn't say Yes then it would obviously say No.

I hope I explained that well enough!

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    62.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    66.3 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
try this
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(D3,INDIRECT("'"&$K3&"'!b:m"),7,FALSE),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back