Multiple formulas and lookups in one calculated column.

HarryR1

Hi

I hope someone can help with a problem I have in PowerPivot.

I have two tables. on called "project plan" and another called "cost to complete". The project names are listed the same in both tables.

In the Project Plan table I have a dimension called "Plan Required" that is True/False, indicating if a plan is required or not. There is also a measure called "Remaining Cost"

In the Cost to Complete table I have other measures called Measure A and Measure B.

In the Cost to Complete table I want to make a new calculated column that says:

1. If the value of (Project Plan[Plan Required]) = True, then perform a calculation: Measure B subtracted from Measure A.

2. If the value of (Project Plan[Plan Required]) = False, then fetch the value from (Project Plan[Remaining Cost])

I hope that makes sense.

Basically I want to fetch a value from linked table if the value of [Plan Required] is false, but if it's true, then perform a calculation.

I appreciate any help offered.

Harry

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hi Harry,
I think you need a measure, if your MeasureA and MeasureB are real measures and not just columns. At least I don't know a way to "get back" the row context if you drag them back into columns. So you'd take a measure like this instead:

NewMeasure:=IF(IF(HASONEVALUE(Project Plan[Plan Required]), VALUES(Project Plan[Plan Required]))="True", MeasureB-MeasureA, MAX(Project Plan[Remaining Cost]))

Upvote 0
Hi Harry,
I think you need a measure, if your MeasureA and MeasureB are real measures and not just columns. At least I don't know a way to "get back" the row context if you drag them back into columns. So you'd take a measure like this instead:

NewMeasure:=IF(IF(HASONEVALUE(Project Plan[Plan Required]), VALUES(Project Plan[Plan Required]))="True", MeasureB-MeasureA, MAX(Project Plan[Remaining Cost]))

Hi

Thanks for the input. Using aactual measures from the cube may be a problem as the values I need to fetch are only available because the have been calculated from an original measure that wasn't doing the job. I think some cube engineering is required instead of trying to force it with PowerPivot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back