Multiple Formulas in Excel

OrderTester1

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello. Is there a way to create multiple formulas in one cell? In the one cell, I want to create a formula to multiply one cell by 0.45 and then I want to round that number to the nearest whole number (i.e., if it's $112.59, I want it to round to $113.00 or if it's $112.49, I want it to round to $112.00), but I only want the number to round if it is over $50.00, but it if it under $50.00, then it keeps the number of the cell multiplied by the 0.45 (which was the very first part of the formula). Thank you.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Welcome to the Board!

You can use an IF formula, and imbed formulas to apply based on the condition.
So if the value you want to multiply is in cell A1, the formula might look like this:
Excel Formula:
=IF(A1*0.45>50,ROUND(A1*0.45,0),A1*0.45)

Upvote 0
Solution
Awesome! Yes, that worked. I just have one more question. I need to extract footage from a cell that contains numbers and text (i.e. T340 BLK BRD PDM STM 3/4"x100) I need to extract the 100 because this is the footage. Sometimes, it'll just be the footage like 100, 50, 25 and then some of the cells have the footage symbol so it'll be 100', 50', 25'. Someone else created the spreadsheet and it's inconsistent. I would've had the footage symbol after all footage. In any case, I want to extrac the footage number from the cell with the text and numbers to another cell. I had created a formula or maybe used Power Query, but it would still take some of the other numbers and text out. Some sells would just be the footage like 100, 50, 24, but then other cells would contain parts of the text or might have it as 3/4"X100. Thus, I had to review over 11,000 cells and correct the footage cells so that it only had the footage in a number format without anything else (i.e. 100, 50, 25). Do you know of a formula to do this?

Upvote 0
Awesome! Yes, that worked. I just have one more question. I need to extract footage from a cell that contains numbers and text (i.e. T340 BLK BRD PDM STM 3/4"x100) I need to extract the 100 because this is the footage. Sometimes, it'll just be the footage like 100, 50, 25 and then some of the cells have the footage symbol so it'll be 100', 50', 25'. Someone else created the spreadsheet and it's inconsistent. I would've had the footage symbol after all footage. In any case, I want to extrac the footage number from the cell with the text and numbers to another cell. I had created a formula or maybe used Power Query, but it would still take some of the other numbers and text out. Some sells would just be the footage like 100, 50, 24, but then other cells would contain parts of the text or might have it as 3/4"X100. Thus, I had to review over 11,000 cells and correct the footage cells so that it only had the footage in a number format without anything else (i.e. 100, 50, 25). Do you know of a formula to do this?
Since that is a completely new and different question from your original, it should be posted to a new thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back