Multiple records input on form

pastorkc

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Can you have a form for data input be able to have multiple records on it? For example I have a table that has a category field and in that field is a dropdown box with multiple choices. Is it possible on my form to have an entry for each category type in my dropdown box?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Can you have a form for data input be able to have multiple records on it? For example I have a table that has a category field and in that field is a dropdown box with multiple choices. Is it possible on my form to have an entry for each category type in my dropdown box?
Hi Pastorkc,
This can be achieved by utilizing userforms. This may seem daunting at first, but once you play around with the examples in the link below, it becomes easier. This is how I learned to use Userforms. Check the link out below and give it a try.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
This is an Access question methinks. Userforms would not apply in that case.
The form would need to be based on a query that returns records that have any of those values in your table field combo list. I imagine it could be hard coded into such a query using IN operator - as in IN(value1,value2,value3) for example, except that you likely won't even know what those real values are, because they're not what you see (as per item 1 in the linked web page). Many/most experienced developers would not use a lookup field in a table (including me).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back