Multiple Return Values

billbalint33

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am looking for a way, I've been kicking around INDEX MATCH, to create a formula that will accomplish what I have in Column P (manually)

The Order ID and Invoice Number are identical, however, they are not unique. I know index match can do this, frozen to a lookup value, but is there a way to make it dynamic so that I can drag the formula in P?

Vlookup, of course returns the first found value relating to the lookup value in all instances in column N but they need to change based on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th ect....instances of the same ID. I do not have the data in Column E on the dataset in L:P. If I did, a simple VLOOKUP would do the trick.

The dataset is so large, it will take a week to do it manually.

1666241749048.png

Thank you for your help!!!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

You might also investigate the following so that helpers are not put off by having to type out large amounts of sample data to test with. :)
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
How about?
1. Insert new column before PRODUCT
2. P2=IF(N2<>N1,1,P1+1)
3. Q2=INDEX(FILTER(G:G,A:A=N2),P2)
4. Auto-fill column P & Q for rest of data

Assuming Invoice Number and OrderID are the reference

Upvote 0
Here is an old school alternative. P2:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($G$2:$G$1000,SMALL(IF(($D$2:$D$1000=M2)*($A$2:$A$1000=N2),MATCH(ROW($G$2:$G$1000),ROW($G$2:$G$1000))),ROWS($A$1:A1))),"")
This is an array formula. Just hitting Enter is not enough.
Paste the formula and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together.

Upvote 0
An Outer merge in Power Query should give you all the combinations.

Upvote 0
Here is an old school alternative. P2:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($G$2:$G$1000,SMALL(IF(($D$2:$D$1000=M2)*($A$2:$A$1000=N2),MATCH(ROW($G$2:$G$1000),ROW($G$2:$G$1000))),ROWS($A$1:A1))),"")
This is an array formula. Just hitting Enter is not enough.
Paste the formula and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together.
A small correction:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($G$2:$G$1000,SMALL(IF((($D$2:$D$1000=M2)*($A$2:$A$1000=N2))+1,MATCH(ROW($G$2:$G$1000),ROW($G$2:$G$1000))),ROWS($A$1:A1))),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back