Multiply 3 criteria with 2 conditions and sum the results for multiple columns.

Doug_B

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm currently using a helper column with this math, which works. Then I sum the results of the helper column to get my result.

=IF(AND(C15="Sell Put",M15="Open"),F15*100*E15,"")

C15 & M15 = Criteria
F15 & E15 & 100 = Multiplication factors (contracts x 100 x $/contract)

I found a SUMIFS function for basic sums of rows with multiple criteria, which is fantastic, and I was able to eliminate 2 of my 3 helper columns. Is there a way to do similarly, but while within each row: multiply values of 2 different columns and a constant (3 items), and include 2 criteria?

This would be using basic Excel. I could probably use VBA in a pinch, but it's been years since I've done that. What I have works, just wondering if there's something I could use.

Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Range row 15:25 is taken. Change the range as required. No helper column required.

=SUMPRODUCT((C15:C25="Sell Put")*(M15:M25="Open")*(F15:F25)*(E15:E25))*100

Upvote 1
This is easy if your share screen shot of your data with input your raw data and output with manual you want
Thank you for offering. I was able to figure out the answer using comments of another response, so I don't need to go further, but I appreciate your offer.

Upvote 0
Range row 15:25 is taken. Change the range as required. No helper column required.

=SUMPRODUCT((C15:C25="Sell Put")*(M15:M25="Open")*(F15:F25)*(E15:E25))*100
Thank you very much. Your answer didn't work completely, but it led me to what I needed. I wasn't aware of the SUMPRODUCT function, which is another fabulous tool! What is working for me, is this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C12:C111="Sell Put"),--(M12:M111="Open"),(F12:F111)*100*(E12:E111))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you very much. Your answer didn't work completely, but it led me to what I needed. I wasn't aware of the SUMPRODUCT function, which is another fabulous tool! What is working for me, is this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C12:C111="Sell Put"),--(M12:M111="Open"),(F12:F111)*100*(E12:E111))

By the way, I went back and tried the original solution, and for some reason it's working now.

=SUMPRODUCT((C12:C111="Sell Put")*(M12:M111="Open")*(F12:F111)*100*(E12:E111))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back