Multiply by Two Different Percentages based on Different Amounts

heattrader

New Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
3
I need a formula that looks at a cell and multiplies a percentage in another cell.

For Example: If the number in cell E14 is less than or equal to 5,000,000 then multiply cell F17 (which is 55%) - This formula is in cell E17. The next formula needs to be in cell E18, If the number in cell E14 is greater than 5,000,000 then multiply cell F18 (which is 45%). So, the formulas are looking at one cell and if the number is less than or equal to 5,000,000, then multiply by 55%, if the number is greater than 5,000,000, then multiply by 45%. So, the formula has to be able to only multiply 55% up to 5,000,000 and the other formula needs to multiply by 45% over 5,000,000.

Thank for your help!
 

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
73,092
Welcome to Mr Excel.

Try:

E17 =IF(E14<=5000000,E14*F17,"")
E18 =IF(E14>5000000,E14*F18,"")
 

heattrader

New Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
3
These formulas work, but I need E17 to give me an answer on the first 5,000,000 and E18 gives the answer on everything over 5,000,000. So, if E14 equals 15,000,000, then E17 would equal 2,750,000 (55% of 5M) and E18 would equal 4,500,000 (45% of 10M) . I probably did not explain this clearly enough in my original post.
 

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
1,127,685
Messages
5,626,280
Members
416,171
Latest member
cfrenomaly

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Top